Review from the Splendor, 2-17-18 cruise

gdisney

This was a great review of a lot of things rarely mentioned, and will help us on our Splendor cruise at the end of the month. Thank you!

That’s awesome, I’m glad you found it useful! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This review was awesome. Thanks for all the work you put into it!

You're welcome!

I didn't mention in the review that I primarily used the Hub App for the daily schedule; I'm wondering if it's not as comprehensive as the printed Fun Times, since as others have pointed out I missed that they had breakfast offered in the MDR for two hours on port days, and apparently they offered afternoon tea at some point too.

Great review!!! You must have been just down from us.... my husband was in the shower when the pipe broke!!!! Oppps. No more water for him to finish!!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Oh how funny. Yeah I didn't mention that we lost almost all water pressure for a short time; it was after we had showered so we only noticed it in the bathroom sink, but by the next time we tried to use it later that day it had been restored.

Oh how funny. Yeah I didn't mention that we lost almost all water pressure for a short time; it was after we had showered so we only noticed it in the bathroom sink, but by the next time we tried to use it later that day it had been restored.

Did you get OBC for this inconvenience?

Did you get OBC for this inconvenience?

We didn't ask. It wasn't inconvenient enough to complain about. And I don't feel I "deserve" extra money for something like that. Honestly the broken fridge was more of a problem for us. Especially after calling and having a tech come out and say that's as cold as it gets. I wasn't joking when I said my son's apple juice was starting to ferment by day 3. That little fridge was humid! But we got a new one after going to the front desk. And again, if they fix the problem, I'm fine. I don't need a reward.

We didn't ask. It wasn't inconvenient enough to complain about. And I don't feel I "deserve" extra money for something like that. Honestly the broken fridge was more of a problem for us. Especially after calling and having a tech come out and say that's as cold as it gets. I wasn't joking when I said my son's apple juice was starting to ferment by day 3. That little fridge was humid! But we got a new one after going to the front desk. And again, if they fix the problem, I'm fine. I don't need a reward.

Love your attitude towards inconvenience. Many people are about What's In It For Me. While I want perfection on my cruise, life happens sometimes. Now if the "inconvenience" is major, I might expect something for my troubles.

Love your attitude towards inconvenience. Many people are about What's In It For Me. While I want perfection on my cruise, life happens sometimes. Now if the "inconvenience" is major, I might expect something for my troubles.

Haha thanks. Yeah we tend to go with the flow on little things, unless something major comes up.

That reminds me...I totally forgot to mention in my review that our shower drained so slowly, if you took more than a 3 minute shower it filled up so much as to slosh over the side and flood the bathroom. And it seemed like the shower curtain was just not quite long enough to cover it. So we placed a hand towel outside of it on the ground between the shower and toilet to sop up the water. I did call on that too, on the second day, and a tech came up and worked on the drain for a bit. It worked...slightly better...after that. But these are the types of things I tend to forget about. I mean, I'm on vacation. The memories I want to bring home are of the food and entertainment, and the places we went, and the fun we had.

Thanks for this. I am such a planner and my cruise is in 17 days and it's my first. Loved reading this and it answered so many of my questions.

Jammy

That's awesome! I'm glad it helped. :)