Lighthouse punta sur question

MimiPal

No,

The Punta Sur lighthouse is on the southern end. Ships enter the channel from the north.

I wasn’t aware all ships entered from the north as I have never watched arrivals! I thought I had seen ships leave to the south?

If OP just wants to see a lighthouse, they could see the one at Playa Caletita from that route?

DSCF8205-L.jpg

This is the one at the caleta, just south of ScubaClub and north of International Pier. It is not what I call a lighthouse. I can't even remember if it lights up at night.

Not understanding why you wouldn’t call it a lighthouse? It is listed as lighthouse on maps. It maybe more modern on the site of an old lighthouse but certainly lit up last time we stayed there.

San Miguel de Cozumel (5) (Punta Ealetita)

2000 (station established 1906). Active; focal plane 37 m (121 ft); two white flashes every 5 s. 36 m (118 ft) cylindrical concrete light tower with four ribs, lantern, and gallery.

http://jbcphotos.com/Lighthouses/s-z/sanmiguel.html

There is also an old one at the north end of the island but I have no idea if that lights up, I suspect not.

There is an old abandoned lighthouse on the northern Eastern side. Punta Molas. Used to have an Army checkpoint just on the other side of Mezcalitos. Although I think they moved that further down the East side road a few years back. But to get there required a 4 wheeler, and I'm not sure if any maintenance has ever been conducted on that road, since the lighthouse was abandoned. Who know what condition if passable at all. If light enough and you're close enough and on the portside of the ship, you might catch a glimpse on the way in.