Transportation from airport and hotel close to cruise port

KentuckyRandy

Hello to all. In need of information, please. 4 healthy seniors ( with a lot of luggage) arriving May 28 by plane in PR. We have a RC cruise boarding on May 29.

1. Looking for a pre-cruise hotel close to the port for May 28. Inexpensive to moderate, but clean and safe with AC and food close by? Are any close enough that we can walk from hotel to the RC ship?

2. Transportation from airport to hotel. I know the buses take you from airport to cruise port, but how would we get from airport to a hotel?

Thank you

Randy

We leave next week but from what I’ve read, cabs are plentiful and cheap. Hotel Milano seems to get a lot of great reviews on here. We are at the Courtyard in Condado. I don’t think there is much near the Pan American Port? I believe from OSJ to Pan American it’s like a 10 minute ride so I would stay wherever you prefer and jus can it to Port.

You might consider staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan..a great location close to everything you'll need.

Use a taxi from SJU to the hotel and from the hotel to the Pan American pier (approx $18.00 for all of you). Taxi's are very regulated and priced by zones..no need to worry about overcharging. Use a taxi again to get from the ship back to SJU.

Enjoy this cruise...we'll be doing it again this September.

I wouldn't give any bad advice to a fellow Kentuckian (note my screen name) :)

You might consider staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan..a great location close to everything you'll need.

Use a taxi from SJU to the hotel and from the hotel to the Pan American pier (approx $18.00 for all of you). Taxi's are very regulated and priced by zones..no need to worry about overcharging. Use a taxi again to get from the ship back to SJU.

Enjoy this cruise...we'll be doing it again this September.

I wouldn't give any bad advice to a fellow Kentuckian (note my screen name) :)

Hello Ashland KY. We are from Bowling Green. Looking for something cheaper than Sheraton. We have cruised out of San Juan 2 previous times, but this is our first pre-trip stay. Always few same day as cruise in past. Yes the RCI port is in the middle of no where. We cruises carnival before and it was a good location. Sounds like we need to take cabs or get a uber fro transportation.

Hello Ashland KY. We are from Bowling Green. Looking for something cheaper than Sheraton. We have cruised out of San Juan 2 previous times, but this is our first pre-trip stay. Always few same day as cruise in past. Yes the RCI port is in the middle of no where. We cruises carnival before and it was a good location. Sounds like we need to take cabs or get a uber fro transportation.

Hey KY....You might try pricing the Hyatt Place in downtown San Juan using the senior discount.

Use a taxi...they'll be plenty of room for the four of you and luggage as they use a van type.

I got a great rate at the Sheraton using AAA (automobile club) for our two night stay this upcoming September...San Juan can be pricey so it helps to try any discount that might be available to any one in your group.

You can't take Uber from the airport to a hotel, or anywhere for that matter. Uber is not allowed to pick up passengers at SJU. (They can take you to the airport however.)

Taxis are plentiful and not overly expensive. Rates are fixed for travel in the tourist zones, such as from the airport to hotels or the cruise piers in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello KY! We will be traveling in June. We were originally booked at Embassy Suites but decided to look at something on the beach. Considered AC Marriott and Condado Vanderbilt. Ultimately chose the Vanderbilt but the AC Marriott had the best rates, just not on the beach.

We are staying at Hyatt House in a few weeks. It’s close to the Pan Am Pier, but not really walking distance. Yes, it’s in the convention center area and there’s not much around. If you want to walk around your pre-cruise day, look to OSJ. You’re going to need taxis one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums