Playa Mia Beach break - cruise excursion?

michelle028

Hi everyone,

Thinking about booking this excursion through the cruise line. Anyone go to Playa Mia recently? Was the buffet included in the price?

Also - if we decide to get off the ship and do it on our own - how easy is it to get a cab there and back? How much would it be?

Debating between this one and going to Paradise beach again.

I was in PB in 2012 - but the beach wasn't the greatest and I felt harassed by the waiters to buy food and drinks even after I spent the required $10 and I don't want to experience that again!

Let me know what you think!

If you use the search function (upper right side of the board) you will find many reviews of Playa Mia -- Mitsugirly has a detailed, photo intensive review linked in her signature.

You can book Playa Mia on your own - check out their web site for various packages - and taxis are easy and plentiful; expect to pay about $17 each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab.

If you use the search function (upper right side of the board) you will find many reviews of Playa Mia -- Mitsugirly has a detailed, photo intensive review linked in her signature.

You can book Playa Mia on your own - check out their web site for various packages - and taxis are easy and plentiful; expect to pay about $17 each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab.

I’m sorry but I’m not finding her post.

We did Playa Mia in May 2016. I did not love it, but then I did Nachi Cocum this year and didn’t love that either I realized it is the sand in Cozumel I hate.

IMO the food was not great at Playa Mia. It was too American tasting. Nachi Cocum has better food IMO.

The water was very weedy at Playa Mia. They had decent bathrooms, though.

I have a trip report on another board I will try to link to.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ncl-getaway-6-kids-7-nights-10-people-to-western-caribbean-fun.3518045/page-2#post-55946068

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

We did Paradise Beach this past August and loved it! My boys loved the pool and the food. We had an amazing waiter. Never felt pressured to purchase anything although we did order food and some sodas. Hubby did not love the murky beach. He has requested beautiful crystal waters, which I don't know why is so hard to find?

I don't know what to do? If we should go back to Paradise Beach or try Playa Mia. I'm also considering the excursion to Passion Island.

My two requirements are crystal blue water and chicken nuggets for my one picky eater (other beach clubs do not serve them).

Most of the popular beach clubs on Cozumel, including Paradise Beach and Playa Mia, are lined up along the same side of the island -- if currents or seaweed are affecting water quality at one, it will affect all of them.

If you are focused on the water quality I would book Passion Island - better chance of finding what you are looking for.

We did Playa Mia last August.

The pool was nice, the loungers were comfy.

Some of the concerns we had---

1. The womens restroom only had 4 private toilet stalls and 4 changing rooms --the line was long when it was getting time to leave to change to get back on the bus.

2. The entrance to the water was very rocky.

3. The buffet lunch was lame, many salads, some kind of taco meat, hot dogs and french fries.We were not impressed with the poor selection.

4. Many of the beach attendants were stalking you waiting for a tip as you were packing up to leave.

All the excursions booked out early, we did a snorkel on a small boat and although it was great and we had a lot of fun, many did not have a chance because we only saw one boat providing this service.

Jet skis were booked out shortly after we arrived.

You could pay to do a cooking class, or for massages, or pedicures, just like any tourist trap.

For the price, more could have been offered not a pay as you go place.

Everything extra you wanted to do was $$

Will not be doing this one again.

Safe travels.

We did do Nachi Comen (sp) 3 times and enjoyed it more, we swam with the dolphins, visited the re-creation of the Mayan ruins, had lunch there (paid extra, but it was good), swam and lounged around.

Sea ya