How to travel with Jewelry

Jules59

Use a tip I found on here. Drinking straws. Just thread them through and they don't tangle. I usually cut a little slit in one end to put the clasp into. Or if they're longer, use two straws and thread them through and fasten.

If the necklaces are fine chains (size-wise, not quality-wise), drinking straws work great. If they are heavier chains, snack-size ziplocs work well, too.

And just in case anyone is looking for a small jewelry roll-type case for traveling, I saw one at JC Penney's this weekend, near purses and gloves on a table with other boxed gift ideas.

I like the drinking straw idea. Never heard of that one.

I usually pack my jewelry in ziploc clear snack baggies. You can see exactly what is in the bag without having to pull the item out. Necklaces and earrings I seperate in a bag of their own. With rings I place more than one unless its something expensive I dont want scratched.

I then put all baggies in soft jewerly carrying case and carry them in my purse until secured in the ship's safe.

I dont generally travel with exensive jewerly but even so I have quite a few costume jewerly pieces that I really like and match great with some of my outfits. I have always put them in glad containers.

Anyway when coming home from San Juan one of my suitcases was inspected. Now this I dont mind but they emptied the containers into the suitcase and the jewerly was all over the place in my suitcase... Some just gone....

From now on, costume jewerly or not I will no longer put in my suitcase but in a carry on. Lesson learned.

I did the straw thing on my cruise in October! Amazing. Such a simple idea/solution, and I never thought of it! I cut about an inch off each straw to fit 16" chain. It worked like a charm! I just passed on the idea to a friend cruising this week.

Hi Vicki, good to see you:)

I use a a tri-fold case.....as in folding 3 ways;)...it has a hangar at

the top and I really like it. It has lots of compartments and holds all

the jewelery I take on my cruises:)

I hang it on the inside of the bathroom door and that works for me:D

Can anyone help me with packing my necklaces? I usually wear long ones and they always get tangled. I have a small jewelry travel case. Just nothing for necklaces. Thanks for your help.:)

I use this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250539576112#ht_729wt_1167

works great for my necklaces, except for the newest trendy super long ones (which I put in snack ziplock bags). I like the fact that the case has hard sides.

Archived