MSC Fantastica

Norwegian Cruiser 73

haven't heard anything about future itineraries although I'd be surprised if she didn't sail at least part of the season in Europe. We will just have to wait. MSC doesn't seem to publish it's itineraries as far in advance as other companies do. I'm waiting for them to publish the prices for the Middle east sailings next year but think, I'm going to have to wait a few months for that even.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated info from STX Europe today. Info from MSC Cruises UK via Facebook.

The new Fantasia class ship will be christened MSC Divina in May 2012, Marseille.

In a time-honored maritime tradition, a ceremony was held this morning at the STX Europe shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, during which two commemorative coins were welded to the ship’s keel to mark a significant construction milestone.

Opening the ceremony was MSC Cruises CEO, Pierfrancesco Vago, who stated: “Today I am happy to celebrate the first major step in the construction of our new ship, the third in the Fantasia class. This new vessel will reflect the qualities of her sister ships, MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia, while enhancing them in ways that will delight even our most demanding guests. For example, she will have 100 additional cabins and innovative new features such as the gorgeous Infinity Pool in the aft. Today is also the ideal moment to announce that the twelfth ship in our fleet will be christened in May 2012 in Marseille, one of the most visited and best loved of MSC Cruises’ destinations."

Archived