How have the samples been?

Crazy4Koko

thanks. My September cruise had plenty of 'goodies'... but a LOT can change in just a few months.

Wondering what cruisers over the past couple of WEEKS have noticed. Cruising again in 43 days..wondering what to expect. Always love the breathe rights and the toothpaste, and I've learned NOT to count on what is in the baskets...

but its fun to see what is currently possible! :)

On the Pride last week, in addition to the "SOAP" (uggh that stuff is horrible!:mad:), we had one packet of the Fructis shampoo and conditioner sample as shown in PP's picture, and 2 travle-size tubes of toothpaste - I can't remember which brand. That was it. The dish looked very empty. I wasn't even thinking that there wouldn't be some kind of lotion. There's always been some kind of lotion. So I didn't bring enough. I won't make that mistake again.:o

On the Magic in February we had a few toothpaste single samples and some BreatheRight strips - pretty sad compared to what you used to get! That used to be a fun surprise to see what you had in your dish.

Did Magic in April and only got the toothpaste (which we left)

Now I know why people opt to arrive a day (or two) ahead of time for their cruise. It's so they can load up on the little bottles of shampoo, hand lotion, soap, and other little goodies from their hotel room, since the cruise ships don't provide much anymore. Maybe if the head honchos at Carnival would make friends with the folks at Proctor & Gamble ( or Gillette or whomever), there would be better samples (like there used to be) in the cabin bathrooms.

DH goes ga-ga over the samples. I get travel size goodies at WalMart or Target and sneak them in before he can see.

He thinks they give baby powder, alka-seltzer, mints, hand sanitizer, ear plugs and band-aids :).

Good thing he doesn't read CC!

DH goes ga-ga over the samples. I get travel size goodies at WalMart or Target and sneak them in before he can see.

He thinks they give baby powder, alka-seltzer, mints, hand sanitizer, ear plugs and band-aids :).

Very sneaky. I would fall for that too. Be like "Wow Cool"

That's hilarious!:D And adorably sweet.:o

Thanks for the laugh.

Its been 10 months since my last cruise....and will be going on the Splender in 2 weeks...Do we need to bring our own Shampoo now?

No, the shampoo and body wash dispensers are still present in the shower (at least for now:rolleyes:).

Archived