Godfrey Tours

navybaby1113

We're thinking about using Godfrey tours when we're in St. Thomas because they're a good bit cheaper than Sunny Liston and he has pretty good reviews on CC. The reviews seem to be mostly older though (2011 and before).

Has anyone used Godfrey lately? Would you recommend him?

We've never done a private tour excursion before, so I'm a little bit nervous about not getting back to the ship on time. I noticed that his tour will have back by 4pm though, so that makes me feel a little better since the ship doesn't sail until 6pm.

Thanks!

We will be touring with Godfrey for the fourth time during our upcoming cruise. He is reasonable, trustworthy, and totally reliable. He is a stickler for keeping to the schedule, you can relax and enjoy your tour, knowing that Godfrey will get you back in plenty of time. He'll also lock your shopping bags in the cab of his truck while you tour and spend time at the beach. :)

We used Godfrey about 3 years ago. We had an awesome time! We waited a bit because there were 2 other couples booked to go. They never showed and we had him all to ourselves - just my husband and I. We gave him a great tip because he was so personable, stopping where we wanted, buying us some snacks and a drink and the other people were so rude to stand him up! He is very informative and reliable. He was a sweetie. We are going back in April but feel so comfortable with the island now we will be on our own. Go with Godfrey.

• 2 weeks later...

we used godfrey on our june 2011 tour. we did the beach sightseeing and shopping tour. he was wonderful. as mentioned before he had drinks available for us. he was punctual and very informative. we are planning on going back in november and we will definitely use him again. have a great time!

His bus looks like an open open air bus. Is that right, or is it air conditioned? Trying to figure out if this will be a good tour to take with my 2 year old. Not sure if she'll get cranky due to the humidity, not to mention being stuck on a bus touring. Thanks!

His bus looks like an open open air bus. Is that right, or is it air conditioned? Trying to figure out if this will be a good tour to take with my 2 year old. Not sure if she'll get cranky due to the humidity, not to mention being stuck on a bus touring. Thanks!

From what I've heard, most tours in St. Thomas use open air buses.

Maria, bring a pinwheel for your little girl and she'll have a wonderful time watching it spin around in the breeze as Godfrey drives you around!

St Thomas is very hot and humid, but I'm always fine on Godfrey's tours. Look on his website for a photo of the truck/bus. Have fun!:)

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone know how many people fit on his bus? We've booked a tour with him for our group of 32, but he is slow to repond to my question on how many it can actually hold. We may have a few more people that want to join us.

I don't think it holds anywhere near 32 people/ Seems like there were about five or six rows seating four people in a row.

• 4 weeks later...

The only issue I have with Godfrey Tours ( I have used him several times) is that he no longer goes to sapphire beach which I believe is the best beach in St Thomas. Had to change to a different tour company for this cruise.

Sailing away in 5 days....

• 1 month later...

Just wondering about recent tours with Godfrey Tours?

We will be going in three weeks and it appears the reviews aren't as good recently. I would love to see if others have went in the last few months and how it was. :)

We are going on Freedom of the Seas and the arrival time appears to have changed from 11 until 12 so hoping this doesn't cause problems with the tour as well.

Thanks

Really enjoyed it and would recommend. You are offered a pick up time for how long you want to shop - really think 1 hour is sufficient. There was a minor mixup after the shopping time - a couple people weren't on the list so the bus set to pick all of us up wasn't quite big enough. The driver called the owner who met us at the first stop - and with a much larger bus/open air bus. (we all fit on the first bus but it was quite tight).

We had an obnoxious family at first who didn't really get they made a mistake messed up on the count but fixed it at the first stop - everyone else was fine with it - things happen

We actually had Godfrey as our tour guide - he was great informative and friendly -just enough time at stops. We chose not to stay at the beach but several others did

I would definitely recommend

The only issue I have with Godfrey Tours ( I have used him several times) is that he no longer goes to sapphire beach which I believe is the best beach in St Thomas. Had to change to a different tour company for this cruise.

Sailing away in 5 days....

We have a group of about 24 and he is going to take us to Magen's Bay AND Sapphire. Maybe he's letting us customize it since we will fill his bus.

We have a group of about 24 and he is going to take us to Magen's Bay AND Sapphire. Maybe he's letting us customize it since we will fill his bus.

According to his website, Godfrey is not currently going to Sapphire.......

"Coki Beach is free, but Magens Bay Beach has an entrance fee of $4.00 per person. Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved."

Archived