New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hi Everyone,

A new Celebrity promotion, 1, 2, 3 Go!, begins on Monday January 7th. It's a generous promotion, which allows you to choose your offer. The 3 offers range from a complimentary Classic Beverage Package for two (with spirits !), complimentary Gratuities, or an OBC ranging from $100-$300, depending on length of sailing.

Wait, there's more :). If you choose a Europe sailing, you may choose from any TWO of the 3 options.

Here's the link to the promotion : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

As usual, it's for new bookings only, from 1/7/13 - 1/27/13. I hope this is helpful. Happy New Year !

The fine print :

*To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-27, 2013 (the “Offer Period”) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013 – Apr 2014. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan 27, 2013. All Guests in stateroom must select the same option. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms. Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. For information on this offer visit Celebritycruises.com/chooseyouroffer. . All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Travel partners can request the offers by visiting http://www.cruisingpower.com and selecting the coupon redemption tool available from the booking tools global navigation (booking tools>coupon redemption) and choose the offer(s) from the drop down menu. ©2012 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador.. 12032015 • 12/2012

Edited by Host Andy

Wow great offer, so if I already booked a cruise for April 2014 and put down a deposit do I need to cancel it completely then rebook it ? The drink package for 2 would be a great incentive to do this.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow great offer, so if I already booked a cruise for April 2014 and put down a deposit do I need to cancel it completely then rebook it ? The drink package for 2 would be a great incentive to do this.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Dgparent,

It's always My pleasure keeping our community informed.

While the fine print states "new individual bookings", I say... it never hurts to ask :). However, I'd wait for Monday before inquiring. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Apparently sailings from Southampton on Eclipse and Infinity from Harwich in 2013, qualify for the beverage package.

We are booked Infinity, on TA Oct 24th 2013.

I will have to ring to find out what I have to do to benefit! If I have to cancel& re- book, it will depend if I can get the whole package at a competitive price!

I want to try to understand this new offer. Is this bookable only through Celebrity or can I go through a travel agent and double dip on the incentives? For example, on a cruise I'm eyeing, my TA is already offering prepaid gratuities and some OBC. Would it benefit me to wait until this sale begins in any way? Or can I call Celebrity to book and then transfer the reservation to the TA? :confused:

Hi Thebutlerdidit,

This promotion can be booked direct with Celebrity, or a TA.

As to your question wondering whether you can receive perks from your TA along with the offers in this promotion... as the fine print states not combinable with other offers, I'd say it's doubtful. The only person that can answer with certainty, is your TA.

Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

I can empathize with the folks that are always disappointed when there's a big price drop right after final payment when they've already booked. Compared to my $200 gift card match a Classic package for 2 would be about $500 better on our just booked 7 night Solstice trip.

Oh well, you buy your ticket and take your chance, I was happy with the deal I got.

Seems Celebrity is going all out to fill ships though.

Thanks for the info Andy. We have already booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity in November, 2013 but will ask if we are eligible for this incredible offer. If not, that's okay - we have a great cabin & fare!

while we like bargain offers as much if not more than the next person, I think Celebrity has reached a point of confusion that even I can't deal with. Do I book on board or do I book through my normal internet company who generally offers group fares and OBC's. I can get stockholder benefits, on board booking benefits or internet benefits. Just too many options....and then there is the combinability of options.

I suppose I'll have to look at our cruises for this year and see if it makes sense to cancel and rebook (perhaps on a different date) and then I'll be on a ship on 1/20 so do I book with my TA before, book on the ship and transfer to the TA....and so on.

Too much to grapple with tonight....back to my martini :)

while we like bargain offers as much if not more than the next person, I think Celebrity has reached a point of confusion that even I can't deal with. Do I book on board or do I book through my normal internet company who generally offers group fares and OBC's. I can get stockholder benefits, on board booking benefits or internet benefits. Just too many options....and then there is the combinability of options.

<snip>

Analysis paralysis? :)

I'm curious is this is X's way of trying to hold the line on prices; by offering other perks and making it difficult to compare apples to apples.

My minor complaint is that we booked the Passages future open booking while onboard our Equinox cruise hoping to take advantage of the OBC's it came with. The way things appear to be going, X is constantly putting out promo's that trump our Passages OBC perk and they aren't combinable. The only good thing is that the Passages deposit & perk don't expire.

Oh, man - I was literally about to book the Solstice for July (like, going through the booking motions) when I was just searching this board for beers available, when lo and behold I see this thread!

What a great deal - I'll even take the chance that the stateroom I really love will be gone by the time Monday rolls around.

Edited by keels81

Already booked for March 2014. I know this says for new bookings only but I will call and see what I can do. If not I will cancel if need be and book something else.

I am in the same boat, I like the cabin we got for our cruise in April 2014 but found another one on a different cruise just as good, hopefully it is still there Monday.

Will be interesting to see what prices do on Monday. I printed out the couple of cruises that we were interested in. Won't be booking if they jack up the prices.

That is exactly what I did. Had my eye on a cruise for the past few weeks - a free drinks package is too good to pass up IF the price doesn't get jacked up ;)

Will be interesting to see what prices do on Monday. I printed out the couple of cruises that we were interested in. Won't be booking if they jack up the prices.

Thanks for the tip ! That is one reason I love these boards I would not of thought of that.

I really like the fact that you can upgrade to the premium oackage for an additional $11.50 per day (less than the price of one Molecular Bar cocktail) ..what a deal!!! Will be booking something for next winter for sure.

Edited by librarylady19

It looks like the deals are there, but you have to be careful. We've been watching prices for a TA in April. When I checked the prices from this promotion, they are significantly more(like almost twice as much) for the same type of room as I can find on different travel agent sites. So, for us, the bonuses would not make the cruise cheaper than what

we can book with some TA's; some of them still add OBC or other perks.

So, just do some comparisons before booking this promotion; it depends on the sailing.

Thanks for sharing.

Just be careful, i spoke with a rep at celebrity today to voice my complaint that its only for new bookings and he explained that even in a situation like your where you have the ability to cancel and rebook, chances are the cabin price will be higher to offset the free offer.

It looks like the deals are there, but you have to be careful. We've been watching prices for a TA in April. When I checked the prices from this promotion, they are significantly more(like almost twice as much) for the same type of room as I can find on different travel agent sites. So, for us, the bonuses would not make the cruise cheaper than what

we can book with some TA's; some of them still add OBC or other perks.

So, just do some comparisons before booking this promotion; it depends on the sailing.

Was the price increase under the link that Andy posted?