bottled water

nanramm

I am in the "take one refillable bottle only" camp. Even DW, who is a filtered wateraholic, only takes a refillable bottle on board.

You say you are picky about the water you drink. But you understand you would be going to some distant port where you don't know any of the bottled water brands, and "taking a chance" on getting one that meets your specs?

We also bring empty water bottles and fill them on the ship. We like the wide mouth ones. They are easy to fill with ice.

This is what we do - remember, everything on the ship that requires water (soups, sauces, ice cubes, etc.) is all made with the same water you would be drinking. Technically, you are not permitted to bring any water on board but this is rarely enforced. At some ports, the porters won't take it and you need to carry it on yourself. During spring break, they usually crack down and won't allow it. But, seriously, the ship's water tastes perfectly fine. You could also bring a Brita filter if you really want to double filter it.

We also bring empty water bottles and fill them on the ship. We like the wide mouth ones. They are easy to fill with ice.

Same here! The tap water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink and taste good when chilled down with ice. :)

LuLu

This is my first cruise and royal carribean wants $69 for a 24 pack of water. That is crazy!

Especially when their tap water is just as clean and good (if not more so) than what's in those bottles.

Ship water is ultra pure for all of the obvious reasons. Don't fall for the bottled water misinformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I will buy a refillable bottle with a britta filter in it or maybe two. I think that will solve all my issues. Thanks for everyones opinions and thoughts. I am sure the water on the ships is perfectly fine. My water at home is perfectly fine too but I perfer to use a brita pitcher at home too. I just perfer the taste. I know you all think I sound crazy but most people are average water drinkers. I drink a ton of water and that is all I will drink. It is kind of like a beer drinker that only drinks miller and being told the Pabst on the ship is perfectly fine. Maybe that will help you see my point.

Thanks everyone. Especially the one that suggested the filtered refillable bottle.

I think I will buy a refillable bottle with a britta filter in it or maybe two. I think that will solve all my issues. Thanks for everyones opinions and thoughts. I am sure the water on the ships is perfectly fine. My water at home is perfectly fine too but I perfer to use a brita pitcher at home too. I just perfer the taste. I know you all think I sound crazy but most people are average water drinkers. I drink a ton of water and that is all I will drink. It is kind of like a beer drinker that only drinks miller and being told the Pabst on the ship is perfectly fine. Maybe that will help you see my point.

Thanks everyone. Especially the one that suggested the filtered refillable bottle.

A Brita type filter will not remove all of the chlorine from the ship's water, mainly since the ships are required to chlorinate much higher than shoreside water supplies. A good way to reduce chlorine taste is to fill a water bottle or pitcher, and leave it open for a couple of hours, and the residual chlorine will dissipate naturally. This along with a Brita type filter will take care of nearly all of the chlorine taste.

Or just buy the case, tape one of your room-specific tags to it, and give it to a porter (with a $ for his trouble!). This will only be practical if you stay the night before and hit a large supermarket (that sells water by the case)! But my sister, who is a water technician testing all sorts of water sources for coliform bacteria, will be bringing said case on next year for the Panama! Happily we'll be embarking at a nearby port!

Or just buy the case, tape one of your room-specific tags to it, and give it to a porter (with a $ for his trouble!). This will only be practical if you stay the night before and hit a large supermarket (that sells water by the case)! But my sister, who is a water technician testing all sorts of water sources for coliform bacteria, will be bringing said case on next year for the Panama! Happily we'll be embarking at a nearby port!

Not all cruiselines allow cases of beverages (water or soda) to be checked. Many require beverages to be in carry on bags.

Once you're a victim of someone else's broken water (or wine) in their checked bags soaking your suitcase and contents, you'll understand why. The way checked bags are handled is not particularly gentle.

A restaurant ran a test. 12 or 15 exotic brands of water in beautiful labled bottles. Had a menu with prices. Ran from $10 to $45 per bottle for 16 ounces.

People bought them. Then they showed a couple of guys filling the bottles in the alley with a garden hose connected to the spigot supplying city water. I just stick with ships water. Ultra filtered and complety pure.

Harry

Yes, buy a case, tape it up good, put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters. Now having said that, the water on the ship <IMHO> is just as good if not better than bottled water. We take water bottles with us and fill then with the ship's water

Nicely put.:):)

LAst May on the Oasis I brought a 12 pack of water on board and the porter slapped a tag on it. I also saw a lot of 24 pack waters in the hall ways with a tag on them. But ive read before they can be more strict certain times of the cruise season