what are some other good cruise lines you've traveled on

WonderousBlue

I've cruised carnival a few times years ago... I've cruised Royal several times lately and love them actually, what other cruise lines would you suggest that have some great deals on cruising? Also, Do you get better deals off the cruise line sites or other sites? We are wanting to cruise again but possibly looking into trying something else.... What would you suggest we try? Thanks So much!

We like Princess quite a bit. I'm not a fan of their ship layout/design but I love their International Cafe and poolside Trident Grill and they have the best pizza at sea!

We've also enjoyed Celebrity a lot and still looking forward to cruising on one of the Solstice class ships, which look and sound amazing.

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean, so we have sailed on that line alot. We particularly like Oasis Class ships and Freedom Class ships. However, the last three years we have sailed more often on Celebrity and have come to prefer Celebrity ships, especially Solstice Class ships.

I do feel just comparing cruise line to cruise line is not always helpful. I think it is better to compare ship to ship, regardless of cruise line. Also one has to look at itinerary to itinerary. Just choosing by cruise line could result in disappointment.

Another important consideration is the cruisers' preferences themselves. What is your age? Are you traveling with children or alone? Are you more interested in an active cruise ship with lots going on or do you want a more laid back experience? Do you want lots of luxury? These are some considerations that can make a big difference to your cruise experience regardless of cruise line.

We really like Princess (except their new ships; Royal and Regal), Holland America and Disney--especially if traveling with young children.

I've always had good luck booking cruises myself online; but many people prefer the service a good travel agent can provide.

We cruise frequently and enjoy the subtle differences between the mass market lines.

We look at itinerary and price more than ship .

Booking @ the cruise line sites will get you current retail price .

Shopping the TA sites will lead you to better deals once you contact them as

many lines don't permit TA's to advertise their deals.

By far our first and most favorite cruise was in 2002 on the Celebrity Century. Everything was perfect. Maybe because we were cruise virgins but we loved everything. We ended up sailing it three times.

The Millennium was a very close second to the Century.

Next on the list was the Sapphire Princess. They gave us a fantastic upgrade to a suite. With a bath tub ;) Love their chocolate dessert.

Our last cruise was on the Carnival Pride and it probably had the friendliest staff ever. We were treated like friends and not passengers. Carnival gets the often undeserved reputation as a low end party line but that cruise ranks high on our list.

NCL was nice. Would sail it again only if the price was right.

Princess, NCL, Silverseas, Regent, crystal, Celebrity.

All different, all very enjoyable. The upmarket All inclusive lines can be much better value for money than mid range lines like Royal in terms of what is offered for your money, although the purchase price is higher. They also may not have the same types of entertainment, if that's your thing. It depends on what your priorities are. We are just about to try Royal, and hope we like it!

We have been on several different cruise lines, number 1 for us is Royal and MSC follows very very close. To us Royal wins because we love the Freedom class ships, but the food was much better on MSC, of course this is just my opinion.

We did an Alaskan on HAL 2 years ago and will probably try them in the future.

Maybe it was specific to Alaskan cruise but I enjoyed the afternoon Happy Hour as well as the entertainment during happy hour. It was a single guitarist singing mainly songs from 60-80s.

I did think the room was better on rcl and the food was on par. I was a little disappointed with the specialty dining on hal (forgot name). I thought the food was good not great.

I read the link on the new carnival ship due out in a few years and would love to try it

I believe with all these changes at rcl I will cancel my rcl credit card and get something else as I don't believe loyalty is important to them as well as other corporations.

It is all about the bottom line.

We love Princess. We have sailed all over the world with them. Plus Princess allows a TA o discount, so we save about 15% off the current price.

Another good thing about Princess is that if one is military (active or retired), Princess gives a small amount of OBC.

Another good thing about Princess is that if one is military (active or retired), Princess gives a small amount of OBC.

Princess allows passengers to combine the various OBC. Some lines make you pick one.

We go on longer cruises, so we usually get $150 each for the Future Cruise Credit, $250 for owning shares of Carnival Corp., and $50 Loyalty credit. This is in addition to any OBC offered by Princess or our TA for booking. Neither of us is eligible for it, but the Military OBC would be another $250 per eligible passenger. Again, these amounts are for longer cruises.

I've cruised carnival a few times years ago... I've cruised Royal several times lately and love them actually, what other cruise lines would you suggest that have some great deals on cruising? Also, Do you get better deals off the cruise line sites or other sites? We are wanting to cruise again but possibly looking into trying something else.... What would you suggest we try? Thanks So much!

With the understanding that preferences, tastes and means vary among cruises based on a complicated mix of factors, I still find Oceania to have the best "cost to benefit" of all cruise lines we have traveled or otherwise researched.

This is JMO, but I think that all of the cruise lines have pros and cons and that it is worthwhile to try all of them at least once. We've been on:

Princess

RCCL

NCL

Carnival

HAL

Celebrity

Uniworld

so far, but I wouldn't hesitate to try other lines. BTW, if you ever want to do a river cruise, I highly recommend Uniworld - and it wasn't just people over 60 on the river ship. The ages ranged from 27 to 93! It was a wonderful experience!

This is all a moving target and things change! Price is always an issue, but if I had to rank them at this moment:

#1 Oceania (very expensive)

#2 Azamara (very expensive)

#3 Celebrity (best "bang for the buck" in cruising and no indoor smoking)

#4 Cunard (very formal, stay out of the buffet)

#5 NCL (but only if you have the UDP "Ultimate Dining Package")

#6 Royal Caribbean (nice all around cruise experience)

#7 Princess (people love it, but it's pretty basic and crowded to me)

#8 Holland America (used to be one of our favorites; loads of smoking/too traditional)

Would love to try Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea, MSC and a few more. Never cruised Carnival or Disney, but maybe some day?

Most people only cruise one or two lines, so for many it's a narrow view. No such thing as a "bad" cruise.:)

Enjoy!

Kel:D

HAL, Celebrity, Princess, NCL, Crystal, RCI, Carnival.

Never had a bad cruise.

We find that selecting the ship or the class of ship can often be as important, or more important, than selection of the cruise line.

We look first for an itinerary we like.

Then we look at prices.

Only then do we look at particular cruise lines.

So we have cruised on Royal, Carnival, NCL, HAL, Celebrity and Oceania.

We have enjoyed all of them.

You can often get better deals from offline TA's since some will use part of their commission to give OBC. You need to price compare.