First cruise to Caribbean Xmas Vaccinations?

Hi All

My wife and I are going on a Thomson Cruise this Christmas, Jamaca, Caymen Islands, Mexico East coast,

I Have just booked, and did not think to ask about Vaccinations, Is there anyone going or who has been on a cruise in that area, who could give some advice.

Regards KP

its best to check with your travel medic for individual vaccination advice

but if you are wondering if any vacinations are an immigration requirement?

we did this itinerary last christmas cuba mexico panama costa rica etc... we didnt have any vaccinations (we were all up to date) and were never asked to provide any vaccination certificates

i would recommend a good insect repellent (costa rica/panama)

hope this helps

Edited by geomagot

What you will need depends on your current vaccinations and how up to date they are.

Check what you need on the nhs website FIT FOR TRAVEL where you can do a search by country and also areas within each country, as vaccinations sometimes vary depending on which specific areas within a country you are visiting.

We visited these areas earlier on in the year and wondered the same before we went as it was our first time in a tropical area and have never needed the usual vaccines for these areas. If I remember correctly I looked up the government recommendations and we didn't need any. So we travelled without! We had no problems, just used a good insect repellent with deet in it and didn't get any bites! Hope this helps.

Hi All

My wife and I are going on a Thomson Cruise this Christmas, Jamaca, Caymen Islands, Mexico East coast,

I Have just booked, and did not think to ask about Vaccinations, Is there anyone going or who has been on a cruise in that area, who could give some advice.

Regards KP

Check with your GP surgery, the practise nurse can do it for you. Shell check online. We always have what we are supposed to have and keep up to date with them. If people dont want to have them thats up to them but theyll be sorry if they catch something and I would never recommend someone else not to bother. They dont hurt that much and are free.

Check with your GP surgery, the practise nurse can do it for you. Shell check online. We always have what we are supposed to have and keep up to date with them. If people dont want to have them thats up to them but theyll be sorry if they catch something and I would never recommend someone else not to bother. They dont hurt that much and are free.

i agree with above, this is not really the best place for advice on medical matters .... best to see your own gp or a qualified travel nurse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi All

Regards KP

Are you going on Thomason Dream ?