Cruise attire

zeppgirl

Hi!

We're heading to the Mexican Riviera in a week and I've never cruised before. I'm trying to figure out what clothing to bring. During the day, is it common to hang out in bath suits/shorts? Or do people spend time indoors with air conditioning? Should I bring jeans? Does it get cold?

Most evenings do people dress up? Not super fancy, but nice clothing? Please help(:

Thank you, appreciate it(: I'm just wondering from personal experience if people were ok wearing summer type items or if it generally was chilly indoors.

It can get a bit chilly inside in places like the dining rooms. It's not unusual to see the ladies wearing a light cardigan. You'll see a bit of everything based on personal preference.

I usually wear shorts and t-shirt in the day on shore excursions or on the ship. At night I wear Capri and cute top or cute summer dress. The air on the ship can be cool for lots of people. I bring a light jacket/sweater just in case for the restaurants and shows.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this cruise twice last year in January and will be doing it again for Christmas this year. During the day, jeans, shorts and t-shirts are fine anywhere on or off the ship. But, inside the ship the A/C is very chilly. I just bought a nice black cardigan for wearing in the evening around the ship. I find I need a sweater or at least long sleeves for evenings in the restaurants, theater, and public areas. But then, coming from Hawaii where we don't even have air conditioning, I am a weenie!!

The first and last sea days may be cool....so plan accordingly. Once in Mexico, it should warm up and it will be hot and sunny and great pool and beach weather.

For the evenings, anything goes. I have a feeling that folks may dress up a bit more for Christmas dinner.

This is a fun cruise and should be even more fun over the holidays. See you around the ship!!

Edited by kapoho2

Hi!

We're heading to the Mexican Riviera in a week and I've never cruised before. I'm trying to figure out what clothing to bring. During the day, is it common to hang out in bath suits/shorts? Or do people spend time indoors with air conditioning? Should I bring jeans? Does it get cold? Most evenings do people dress up? Not super fancy, but nice clothing? Please help(:

Shorts and t-shirt/swimware will be find during the day. Most people will dress up (not fancy) at night. Some will dress up fancy,,,, but there are fewer of them these days. Whatever you are comfortable in when going out to a restaurant is fine.

A mentioned, the first and last day on the Mexican Riviera cruise can be a bit chilly. Coastal L.A. is never a real warm area and especially not in the winter. Once you get further south along the Mexican coast, it warms up nice. My cruise clothing is a pair of jeans for going to and from the port. Then shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes for most of the cruise, and one pair of kakies, a collared shirt, and a pair of casual loafers for the occasional MDR or Le Bistro evening meal. Otherwise, you'll see the entire spectrum of dress, nothing right, nothing wrong.....well except speedos....but that's just me.

Hi!

We're heading to the Mexican Riviera in a week and I've never cruised before. I'm trying to figure out what clothing to bring. During the day, is it common to hang out in bath suits/shorts? Or do people spend time indoors with air conditioning? Should I bring jeans? Does it get cold?

Most evenings do people dress up? Not super fancy, but nice clothing? Please help(:

On most NCL ships, people hang about in bathing suits, coverups, or t-shirts and shorts. In the evening most people put on some more clothes; it can be cool at night or in the air-conditioned areas.

People who are planning a special meal in a specialty restaurant may choose to dress in suits/dresses. Most people wear fairly casual clothing in the evenings. There will be a "dress up or not" night where you'll find more people in fancier evening-wear but by no means everyone.

Basically, wear what you want. Well, at night wear at least what you'd wear to eat at a casual family restaurant. (Of course, if you get room service you can truly wear whatever you want! :) )