Anne Frank House online tix - what time of day do they release them for

Sparky333

I want to get tickets for July so I'll check on the date 2 months prior in May. I know they're 6 hrs ahead of me but I don't know if I need to check at 8 am their time or 9 am perhaps? I read on the AFH website "New tickets are released every day during Dutch office hours two months in advance." Anyone know what Dutch office hours would be? I don't want to sleep through the opportunity to get tickets - also don't want to get up at 2 am if I can wait until 3. ;)

"release them for sale" the title of the post should read...oops

From memory last year, they seemed to release them all over the place ie they would release a few timeslots for a day or two then later they would release more timeslots for previous days - sometimes earlier, sometimes later. It pays to be flexible when you want to go. We got tickets for our prefered day but the times initially available we made work. (Think later times became available over the week).

Go to the website and start looking at what is available two months from today. Do that a couple of times before your actual easiest available booking. This should give you an idea of how the site works. I booked the first available day and got exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with the "checking multiple times all the time"...........I tried to get a ticket last year and was not able........every time

I checked it said nothing was available.......then I would check and the time was not what I wanted.........I ended up doing

something else. You need to be very diligent and look at the website often.

When I bought my tickets last month for this June I went online at normal business hours here in CA and there were tickets still available for all time slots. As the days progress popular times are gone fairly quickly but you do not need to go out at 2:00AM for your tickets.

For what it's worth when you do find them available, try to get the first or second time slot if possible; it gets EXTREMELY crowded and early morning is best. We had 9:15am last thursday, and it was very busy and sometimes difficult to spend more time in certain areas; especially the secret annex hiding space.

Thanks for all of the replies and helpful suggestions!

I just looked and for 2 months out, July 15 there are many available at all different times. Seems like I won't need to get up at 2 am to buy them as wheezedr said :D

• 4 weeks later...

I second the suggestion for a morning time slot. Our time slot last week was 2:30 pm and it was crazy crowded and very warm in the building. One woman dashed down the stairs because she was feeling faint.

I also suggest calling your credit card company before purchasing the tickets; my card (Chase) balked at that online sale which delayed my purchase a bit.