Recent Playa Mia Cooking Class excursion input please :)

stressedmomof3

Years ago, my husband and I took a cooking class at Playa Mia through Carnival excursions and it was so much fun. I can no longer find it in Carnival's excursions or just the class online.

Is there anyone here who recently was able to book this or took the excursion through Playa Mia itself that included the tequila tasting, chocolate factory and cooking class ( that is offered now on their website) and could give any recent input on it? This is all I could find that was similar, but had to be booked through Play Mia. (The description on the website seems to be a bit wonky).

What I remember of the original excursion it included a 3 course meal you prepared with others and unlimited drinks ( beer/sodas). And then unlimited time at the beach if you liked after you sat and ate your meal. This is what I really want, but seems now you have to book the whole package with tequila tasting and chocolate factory too. Any recent reviews or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We were there just a few months ago. It was about our 7th or 8th time and each time is just as much fun as before. Chef Luis is terrific. Yes, the class still includes a 3 course meal that you prepare with unlimited drinks that include pina coladas, margaritas as well as the beer and wine. The cooking school is now in a two story building. You cook on the bottom floor and move upstairs to eat. Afterwards you have plenty of time to go to the beach. We booked directly with Playa Mia and only did the cooking school.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like this class is now only being offered by NCL, such a shame. But for anyone who would enjoy such a activity like this- it is well worth the cost and a lot of fun along with the free drinks and great food and then beach time after the cooking class and lunch are over with ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We have a bunch shipboard for our upcoming Celebrity Equinox cruise in July. We typically take a cab to Paradise beach however last summer we felt like we were being constantly bothered to buy food or something else on the beach (even when we had just arrived at 10 am and continually said we would get food a lunch and after we had spent the minimum $10 per person). We didn't feel like it was a relaxing beach day. Regardless we are looking for something different in Cozumel this time. The Mexican Cooking Tasting and Beach Break through Celebrity which takes place at Playa Mia is interesting. Has anyone done this? Also how crowded will Playa Mia be with 6 ships in port

We have a bunch shipboard for our upcoming Celebrity Equinox cruise in July. We typically take a cab to Paradise beach however last summer we felt like we were being constantly bothered to buy food or something else on the beach (even when we had just arrived at 10 am and continually said we would get food a lunch and after we had spent the minimum $10 per person). We didn't feel like it was a relaxing beach day. Regardless we are looking for something different in Cozumel this time. The Mexican Cooking Tasting and Beach Break through Celebrity which takes place at Playa Mia is interesting. Has anyone done this? Also how crowded will Playa Mia be with 6 ships in port

We did it last week. It is still an incredible amount of fun

JUST DO IT.

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with Merion Mom - it was a lot of fun! We did it on our last cruise. You also have time for beach or pool after you eat your lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those with no interest in getting wet after the class: there is a chocolate shop with free samples. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About how much time do you have after the class? We would more than likely hit the beach as long as there were loungers and shade available (are they paid or free?). We could always take our own taxi back if we wanted some additional time correct? Our ship is in Cozumel until 7pm and we have dining in Blu so we won't be on a set dining schedule!

Also, how spicy was the food? My mom isn't as shall we say adventurous as I am as far as food (I teach in a English/Spanish bilingual school and eat all sorts of Dominican/Puerto Rican/other ethnic inspired food all the time so this won't be too out of my comfort zone). However I think this sounds like an amazing excursion. We are a bit worried because there are something like 6-8 ships in port so we want to find something soon but I don't want to jump at something to fast that won't fit our needs.

I think it depends on what time yours begins. We had a morning class; eating about noon. We then had a couple hours to spend at beach or pool or chocolate shop lol. There was a class that came in after ours.

The food can be adjusted to your preferences. There’re very attentive to people’s needs or dislikes.

I hope you do book it and are as pleased as we were.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...