Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Pool

CrusinCyndi

I did it on the Splendor 3 years ago. I liked it alot. The main difference between the pool in the spa and regular hot tubs is you can lay down in the spa. There are also alot of different steam rooms. Although there is a description of each room, they seemed very similar. They also had thever very unique showers.

If you need a break from the crowds can be a good deal. Avoid getting to chummy with the spa staff as theyou work for Steiner and are really pros at the hard sell.

• Like 2

They have these stone loungers that are heated that you can lie on and look out at the ocean and relax or read and it is quiet except for maybe some relaxing music. Great place to escape. Not much conversation in the pool either because of the noise of the water. I would say the only con is the price. Worth it for me. Less crowds.

We were on the Dream in a Spa Balcony. Loved the Spa pool and rooms. If you are not busy on port days, that is a good time to use the Spa area. Sea days early in the morning and some times late (dinner and show time) it is not crowded. They limit the one day spa guest to try to control how many people are using the Spa.

Enjoy

We booked a spa interior this go round so we could get back to the suites. I love it. It's very relaxing and I feel like I get my skin cleared up and some of the aches and pains gone, and the hot tub will clear up blisters really quick. Now, we found that the drink package and the spa don't mix. Too much alcohol and trying to detox just makes you ill. We don't mix with the drink package by itself, can't drink that much. Sometimes, because you want to participate in things around the ship, but also want to get your money's worth out of the spa, you can be pulled in two directions. But, it you aren't a big drinker and want to spend time relaxing I'd say its well worth it.

We will be sailing on the Dream end of July. DH and I are looking into getting the 7 day pass for the Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Pool.

Please tell me the pros and cons of purchasing this package.

Thanks !

There are no cons!

We most recently had a Spa balcony on the Breeze in March, and the Spa/Thermal Suite/Thalassotherapy pool area was my favorite area on the ship. We had one day where 1 steam room wasn't working, but the others were so not a huge inconvenience. Also, on the return leg of the journey, when the ship hauls a** and goes about 20 knots or so, the motion of the ship caused big waves on the Thesso. pool. We were all laughing hysterically and hanging on to the metal bars of the benches. Not relaxing, but funny - that's just life on board a ship :) I'm not sure the cost of the package, as I've only had it when in a spa cabin, but if it can be managed I think it's well worth it.

• Haha 1

One of the cons is that they offer daily passes but they're never available when we ask for them, and we always go to the spa on the first day. They always say that they are almost sold out of passes and that they are only offering weekly passes. It would be nice to get daily passes just for the sea days because it would be cheaper. We sail during peak season due to our kids school schedule, but still, you'd expect to snag a daily pass at least once in a while. :(

That being said, the spa is definitely worth it if you're into spa stuff. Some cruisers don't get it and complain about how boring it is to lay around in hot tubs and saunas all day. But to me this is heaven. The Thelasso therapy pool is a hot bubbly mineral water pool with loungers built into it, and it's by far my favorite place in the spa.:D The mineral water is really good for your skin and the jets feel wonderful on sore muscles. There are dry and wet saunas too. I love the heated marble loungers, they're my second favorite spot in the spa. There's also a cooling/relaxing room with spring water and hot tea that has floor to ceiling windows with awesome views. You should look up the YouTube videos of the spa, they're really good and well worth your time.

We are booked on the breeze with 4 in our cabin and I want to buy the passes for me and my 20 year old daughter. My husband has no interest in it. If I buy the pass for 2, can me and my daughter use it? Or does it automatically go to the first and second passenger on the reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the breeze with 4 in our cabin and I want to buy the passes for me and my 20 year old daughter. My husband has no interest in it. If I buy the pass for 2, can me and my daughter use it? Or does it automatically go to the first and second passenger on the reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes you and your daughter can do the couples pass...my wife and daughter have done it. Enjoy the cruise and spa.

"and the hot tub will clear up blisters really quick" seriously? This is one strange post. Alcohol and detox don't mix, another, really?

Why? The minerals they add in the hot tub are supposed to help detox. I've found that the blisters I got from wearing flip flops benefited from the mineral water. Could be my imagination, but that's my problem, not yours to judge. And trying to at least break even with Cheers meant getting about 7 drinks in a day. Alcohol dehydrates your body, then you go and spend time in a sauna.............you get even more dehydrated............therefore, they don't go well together, IMO. Simple really.

• Like 1

Trying a Spa balcony cabin for the 1st time on the Horizon out of NYC next May. Looking forward to relaxing there when we port in Amber Cove and San Juan. Staying on the ship hope everyone else goes exploring these ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This!

We are addicted to the Cloud 9 spa....we don't really like to cruise the ships that don't have it....go for it - you'll really enjoy it!

We are spa junkies too. We usually book a spa balcony or suite so we can enjoy some of the extras the spa has to offer. I got a cold 4 days in to our last 8 day cruise. The steam room w/ the Eucalyptus was a god send when I was congested! Love the stone loungers too! Although, I can say that sometimes it is so crowded in there that you can't get a spot for hours ... or, if you are a couple together, you can't get a spot side/side.

We don't use the hot tub (people soup) and only once used the pool, which was very nice and relaxing. I have a hard time w/ hot tubs and pools given a few cruises back during the Love & Marriage show where the newlywed couple on the boat confessed to having sex in the hot tub a few days before. Uh, no. :eek: Just can't do it ... no matter how many chemicals you put in it. Sry.

One of the cons is that they offer daily passes but they're never available when we ask for them, and we always go to the spa on the first day. They always say that they are almost sold out of passes and that they are only offering weekly passes. It would be nice to get daily passes just for the sea days because it would be cheaper. We sail during peak season due to our kids school schedule, but still, you'd expect to snag a daily pass at least once in a while. :(

You can pre-buy them prior to the cruise on carnival.com, that may be why they are already sold out when you go. I've got mine already pre-bought for my cruise this Sunday on the Breeze.

Elaine