Assigned arrival times?

RedLightVegas

Going on the Vista in April out of Miami. I've been reading through various reviews that there is now an assigned arrival time to the port?

If this is the case, are all ports doing this or just certain ones? When do you get assigned your arrival time?

I don't mean to sound dumb on this as I've always just arrived at the port around 10am and went right in, checked in, then sat in the lobby/waiting area until our boarding number or group was called. There was no assigned time on Allure last year either.

Look online in your cruise manager. There will be a place to pick an arrival time slot. If you come early to the terminal, they will not let you in to sit and wait.

If it is not a problem for you, just show up around 1:00 and you will get right in.

When you login to your cruise manager you select a check-in time from there, when you're doing your online check-in. Go ahead and do it now so you can get the time-slot you want. Although your cruise isn't far away so times could possibly be taken this late in the game.

If we have a suite (priority boarding) with an arrival time of 11:30 to 12, can we board early or do we have to wait until our scheduled arrival time?
If you have priority you can enter the terminal as soon as it opens, whatever time that is. That would be the earliest check in time or up to a half hour earlier, based on reports.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Best to show up in the arrival time window. It's okay to be a late also but you don't want to get there early. If you do you will have to wait if it's crowded till your arrival time windows begins. They MIGHT let you if early if the lines are short and it's not very busy.

if you have "Faster to the Fun" do you have to wait till your assigned time, or can you enter whenever?

If you have priority (including faster to the fun) you can enter the terminal as soon as it opens, whatever time that is. That would be the earliest check in time or up to a half hour earlier, based on reports.

We were able to pick arrival times at exactly 200 days out.

If you have priority (including faster to the fun) you can enter the terminal as soon as it opens' date=' whatever time that is. That would be the earliest check in time or up to a half hour earlier, based on reports. [/font']

We were able to pick arrival times at exactly 200 days out.

im 206 days out and still no link to pick a time.

where exactly will i be looking

Edited by serene56

I was on the Vista in January. They were very strict with the boarding time. The arrival time I chose was 11:30 to 12:00. By the time I got off of the shuttle, gave my bags to the porter, and got to the line it was 12:05. I could not go into the "on time" line.

There were three lines. The line to the left was for priority and FTTF. The two lines to the right were for on time arrivals (people arriving within their appointment time) and early/late arrivals (people arriving earlier or later than their appointment times). Since I got to the line 5 minutes after my appointment time, I had to stand in the early/late arrival line. Thankfully, the lines weren't that long and I was on the ship at 12:35.

When I was first able to pick my appointment time, the earliest time available for me was 12:00 to 12:30, so that's what I chose. When it got closer to my cruise date, I was able to change my appointment time to 11:30 to 12:00.

In Miami they had two lines that I saw- one for those on time and one for late and early arrivals. We arrived early so that is the line we chose and we were taken right into the terminal as there was no line in any case. We were onboard with a drink in our hand 5 minutes after our assigned arrival time.

I can't believe I was so relaxed about my planning for this cruise (Dream, leaves in 3 days) and so when I went online today to print our boarding passes, I was dismayed to find out that the only boarding time left was 2-2:30. So do I have any recourse at all???? The only time I ever (in 27 cruises) arrived that late for a cruise was once when we almost missed the ship!

I waited to check in until just a few days before my cruise and all the early slots were taken, I was given the 1:30-2 slot. We ended up getting there early and entering the line for people who are early/ late and we were onboard about 1:20, idk if we got lucky or what

If you want to guarantee an early slot either get FTTF or make sure to check in early!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't believe I was so relaxed about my planning for this cruise (Dream, leaves in 3 days) and so when I went online today to print our boarding passes, I was dismayed to find out that the only boarding time left was 2-2:30. So do I have any recourse at all???? The only time I ever (in 27 cruises) arrived that late for a cruise was once when we almost missed the ship!

You can take a chance and arrive earlier and stand in the "late/early" line, you might get in earlier.

Thanks for the info! I think we've learned our lesson and will definitely do this part of the online check in much sooner! For now, we are going to maybe do something in the French quarter during the middle of the day and accept that we won't have lunch on the ship, oh well, live and learn.:(