Debarkation Day Suggestions - Port Canaveral/Orlando

irishgal1970

There are 8 of us - 7 adults and a child - returning to Port Canaveral on the 24th Feb. We have two flights - one domestic at 3:30pm-ish and one international at 4:00pm-ish. Other than renting 2 or 3 cars for the drive back to Orlando (with some time for shopping), does anyone have any suggestions for us? I've generally found that a rental car is the way to go, but the logistics of 8 people makes me wonder if there's something else out there. We absolutely do not want to go directly to the airport and be stuck there for hours on end.

There are 8 of us - 7 adults and a child - returning to Port Canaveral on the 24th Feb. We have two flights - one domestic at 3:30pm-ish and one international at 4:00pm-ish. Other than renting 2 or 3 cars for the drive back to Orlando (with some time for shopping), does anyone have any suggestions for us? I've generally found that a rental car is the way to go, but the logistics of 8 people makes me wonder if there's something else out there. We absolutely do not want to go directly to the airport and be stuck there for hours on end.

Consider a shuttle to Kennedy Space Center. Check out this guide:

http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/transportation/

get a day room at the airport ...... you can get one room and all crash there ... use the pool, shower .... there's a ton of shopping and food options in the accessible parts of the airport.

No worries about what to do with bags or how many cars to rent .....

I dont see where you'd have a "boat"load of time to do any real excursions. you gotta be outta your room by 8 head to breakfast in the dining room for a more quiet more relaxing breakfast. then go get your carry ons. Be one of the last off the ship by 10am. that international flight should be at the airport around 1pm. MCO is a zoo. VERY crowded especially on weekends. and put all that construction heading to the airport and traffic. (allow at least 45 minutes to get from the cruise port to the airport

id look into a cruise based excursion- at least you have some where to store your luggage til you get to the airport.

Unfortunately, Norwegian's excursions are limited to international flights departing after 6pm. We going to self-debark and rent cars so we can make a quick trip to the Florida Mall or some other shopping venue. This is what we did last year and it got the votes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back. We rented a car through Avis using Costco discount. Good price and got a significant free upgrade to a Ford Expedition. We did a bit of shopping/browsing and headed to MCO at 1pm. Returning the car was easy and the check-in process for Southwest was simple and fast. Security was a breeze, considering where we were...about 20 minutes to get through.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app