emailing the Matre'd

sealpup

I emailed on Tuesday before we sailed on Sunday. Heard back the next day. The email I received said they could not accommodate my preference. But by the time we got to check-in, our request had been granted. Good luck.

I posted the complete list in a thread recently. The format is XXmaitred -at- carnival.com, where XX is the ship's identifier. For your upcoming cruise on the Dream, I believe it would be drmaitred@carnival.com.

There is no official policy or sanction for emailing the maitre'd, and you will probably not receive a response...although in my experience they are 2-for-2 in getting things done as we requested.

How about as a Carnival VIP benefit, Carnival asks at the time of purchase of a cruise, what type of dining table you would prefer: 2, 4, 6 or 8 companions. They ask if you want Early, Late or any time dining at the time of purchase so it should not be a big deal. In addition, it would cost Carnival nothing and make some frequent Carnival cruisers happy. Hope Carnival is listening if you know what I mean.

How about as a Carnival VIP benefit, Carnival asks at the time of purchase of a cruise, what type of dining table you would prefer: 2, 4, 6 or 8 companions. They ask if you want Early, Late or any time dining at the time of purchase so it should not be a big deal. In addition, it would cost Carnival nothing and make some frequent Carnival cruisers happy. Hope Carnival is listening if you know what I mean.

This is something that Princess does at the time of booking.

I've had very good luck...and received a response in 24 hours. ..... I had a good reason to email Maitre'D since I wanted to cancel a Chefs Table reservation which would allow others to attend....but in the same email I did ask for a Table for 2.... and when we went to our Dining table assignment it was for a table for 2> In his response to me..he simply said they will do what they can to accomodate my request.

Our travel agent has the ability to request the size table we want for our late fixed seating.... so it is possible even if not for the general public:)

I've done this twice. Legend and Miracle. Emailed early the week before the cruise both times. I didn't get a response either time but I got exactly what I wanted both times. On the Legend the Maitre'd did come by and ask if we were happy with the table so he did get the request.