Chankanaab. Mr Sanchos, or Paradise Beach for family of 4 with tweens

LostinNJ

Hello,

My family and I will be in Cozumel in mid-April onboard the Carnival Vista. We have neverbeen to Cozumel and would like to do a beach day :cool:, since we will be doing toursin the other ports. We are travelingwith our son and daughter, who are ages 12 and 10.

We are looking for a nice, clean place to visit on ourown that is family friendly, not too expensive… but offers a nice pool, a beachwith calmer water (not too rocky), decent food (ala carte is fine), beginner snorkelingwith pretty fish and the option to rent a wave runner.

I have narrowed the field to these three options – Chankanaab.Mr Sanchos, or Paradise Beach. But reviews are mixed and I’m having trouble deciding. Please let me know your thoughts on theseoptions and which would fit our requirements.

Thank you,

Marty

Chank will offer better snorkeling than Sanchos and PB, but comes with a $20 per adult admission. Separate small beach, small pool, pay as you go for food/drinks, plus sea lion and other shows that may attract your kiddos. Taxi for 4 will be about $11-12 each way.

Sanchos is better for all-inclusive (food & drinks for about $50/adult) and offers water toys (extra fee) that your kiddos may enjoy. Multiple pools and a lively atmosphere. Taxi will be about $17 each way.

PB offers better facilities and a HUGE pool, plus water toys (extra fee) all for a $3 admission fee/chair rental. Strictly pay as you go for food/drinks. The beach has some rocky areas compared to Sanchos or the beach area at Chank.. Taxi for PB will also be about $17 each way.

None of the 3 will offer everything you want. You might consider stopping at Money Bar for an hour or two of good snorkeling from the shore and then heading to PB for the rest of the day. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and did this on a recent cruise - check out the reviews linked in her signature for lots of photos and details.

Have a great cruise! :D Please come back after your cruise and post a review of whatever you choose.

Chank will offer better snorkeling than Sanchos and PB, but comes with a $20 per adult admission. Separate small beach, small pool, pay as you go for food/drinks, plus sea lion and other shows that may attract your kiddos. Taxi for 4 will be about $11-12 each way.

Sanchos is better for all-inclusive (food & drinks for about $50/adult) and offers water toys (extra fee) that your kiddos may enjoy. Multiple pools and a lively atmosphere. Taxi will be about $17 each way.

PB offers better facilities and a HUGE pool, plus water toys (extra fee) all for a $3 admission fee/chair rental. Strictly pay as you go for food/drinks. The beach has some rocky areas compared to Sanchos or the beach area at Chank.. Taxi for PB will also be about $17 each way.

None of the 3 will offer everything you want. You might consider stopping at Money Bar for an hour or two of good snorkeling from the shore and then heading to PB for the rest of the day. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and did this on a recent cruise - check out the reviews linked in her signature for lots of photos and details.

Have a great cruise! :D Please come back after your cruise and post a review of whatever you choose.

You might want to look at Nachi Coccum. It’s next to Sanchos. All inclusive with calm water, nice pool and great food!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, there is a charge for Chankanaab, but that is because it is a National Park. It is not a beach club. It has all kinds of displays and shows, as well as food and snorkeling, shops, etc.

With tweens, I would think it might be nice to go there.

If you just want a beach with water toys, look at some of the others like Mr Sanchos and Paradise beach. They are beach clubs with pools and restaurants. There isn't going to be great snorkeling area though as people splashing around in sandy bottomed beach area is not going to have coral and fish.

Thanks everyone for the feedback...

I'm leaning toward Paradise Beach at this point as we are just looking for a relaxing day at the beach for our last cruise stop. We have planned activities at the other ports (e.g., Jamaica and Cayman). Plus I like the ala carte food and drinks because I feel like we never really eat/drink enough to get our money's worth at all-inclusive clubs.

Again, thank you for weighing in.

Marty

Of your three options I have been to 2, Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach. Based on what you have said I think Paradise Beach would be more of what you are looking for. They have chairs by the ocean and chairs by a huge awesome pool. Paradise Beach is "nicer" than Mr. Sanchos but it is ala carte, where as Mr Sanchos is an all inclusive, $50/pp (adults), $40/pp (12-17) and $35pp (4-11). Mr. Sanchos also has an extra charge of $12/pp for their water park area with climbing toys, etc. Paradise Beach has a small fee of about $3/pp for use of chairs, restrooms, etc. They also have a water toy area for an extra charge. There is a pier at, or right next to, Paradise Beach that has quite a few small, but sometimes colorful, fish under and around it so it is a good place for the kids to snorkel. Food and drinks are ala carte. Their pool is AWESOME! Most of the beaches in Coz are subject to have occasional rocks in the water so wherever you go walk carefully or wear water shoes. There will be other beach "entertainment" vendors at both locations where you can rent a kayak, paddleboard, etc. I haven't been to Chankanaab so I can't comment on it.

If I had two tweens I'd take them to Paradise Beach.

We have been to all 3 and playa Mia many times. My kids have always enjoyed it and the water toys.

Their pools are awesome as well. We rented jet skis there a few times and they were in good shape.

My only complains is this last time they started enforcing life jackets on the water jump toys. While I’m sure this is in their best interest to do so it’s not quite as fun to jump on a trampoline with a life vest on or swim out to the toys with it on. The park next to playa Mia did not require jackets but I don’t recall if that was sanchos or paradise beach.

I don’t think you will go wrong with any of the 3. If you guys like water toys then the beaches are the best choice. Chak doesn’t have those but they do have amazing beach snorkeling and other stuff. You can even go scuba there. We are certified and went for a shore dive there. We went with a mom and son who had never dove before and they got the shortest class I have ever seen!

• 2 weeks later...
You can taxi there (about $12 for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab) and admission is about $20 per adult. Same cab fare will get you back to your pier.

So does that $20 cover the snorkeling and tequila thing and sea lion show and food and drinks ? Just trying to figure out why the cruise lines are charging $86 pp for the excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So does that $20 cover the snorkeling and tequila thing and sea lion show and food and drinks ? Just trying to figure out why the cruise lines are charging $86 pp for the excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It used to be $21 for the admission price and you could go online and get a $2 off coupon. This includes admission to the park, the free sea lion shows, the pool, beach with loungers/umbrella's, walking through the mayan ruins replica area and so on. Snorkeling is free and on your own, but you have to rent the equipment. IF things are the same still (it's been several years since I was there), you could rent the life vest for free, just give them your ID at the counter (this is a different hut than where you get the snorkeling gear because they would charge you).

Food and drinks are extra and any of the swims (dolphin or manatee) are extra as well. Then they put in a new zip line since I was there and that is extra too.

The cruise lines always charge a lot more than doing it yourself to any place you'll visit in port(s). Theirs may include lunch (I have read in the past), but I'm really not sure since I have never booked with the cruise line. :)

We were at Paradise Beach on March 8th. $3 admission, $18 for the activities (including kayaks and paddle boards from what we were told) and $15 for 4 of us each way for a taxi. Service was great and there was plenty of space around the pool to relax. The chairs were closer together on the beach but there were plenty. They didn't require any life jackets on the water toys.

I have 2 teens. We took them to Mr Sancho's. I relaxed on the beach whole they ran around playing on the water toys and the large pools. Not to mention ate everything in site. It was a great day for everyone. FYI: there's free WiFi. Also, my son went parasailing. He said it was great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Took our 9 and 12 year old girls to Paradise Neach. We all LOVED it. Clean, great food, beautiful pool. But the best was the inflatables in the water. The girls and I played out there for hours while DH napped in the shade. It was the best day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just out of curiosity I would like to know what happened to Paradise Beach? I have been there twice before and it’s been beautiful with beautiful clear water, no rocks, perfect for a nice beach day but the last time I was there the water was muddy, murky and there was a big drop off. It was like a completely different beach.

Just out of curiosity I would like to know what happened to Paradise Beach? I have been there twice before and it’s been beautiful with beautiful clear water, no rocks, perfect for a nice beach day but the last time I was there the water was muddy, murky and there was a big drop off. It was like a completely different beach.

When were you there last?