Chocolate Seaside Workshop?

mjmagee

I can't see any reviews for this Cozumel excursion on the Celebrity website and I received no answers when I asked on the Cozumel board. Has anyone done this excursion and what did you think?

mjmagee,

My wife and I did this tour in January 2017 and really enjoyed it. I keep a small journal of all our cruise activities and here is what I recorded about this tour:

"Our “Chocolate Seaside Workshop and Wine Pairing” tour was great. The tour had us taxi to the workshop site. The session was hosted by Kathi and her two assistants. We started with an information session about chocolate, the cacao and how it is processed. Next we made our own chocolate starting with coco nibs, grinding them to a paste, incorporating sugar to make a 70% chocolate, re-grinding, adding vanilla, and finally moulding our chocolate into a disk. Next we sampled various strengths and flavors (the chili chocolate had a little bite though) of chocolate with white and red wine - yum."

This was a really great tour and I think you would enjoy it too.

Have a great cruise!!

I did this tour in December and the experience was exactly as described above. They were generous with the wine, the chocolate was delicious, th facility had gorgeous views and the staff were engaging and personable. All in all a tour I would do again, and recommend to friends/family without hesitation.