What to do at night on the Star

mvh

I just got off of the Freedom of the Seas Mediterranean cruise and there wasn't much to do at night. We spent most of the time in the piano bar which was fine for a few nights, but got a little old after a while. They did have a solo guy in the pub and a rock band in another bar, but both were absolutely awful. I was actually embarrassed for the band. Also, there was not a single comedian. I guess they figure they may loose a little in the punch line if they have to repeat everything in a few languages. So,my question is, what is there to do at night on the NCL Star other than and after the shows? We are looking to go next September. Is there a piano bar, band, comedians, night club or anything else to do? I realize this a Mediterranean cruise and it is more about the ports, but RCI was soooooooo painfully boring, I'm just hoping there is a little more to do at night or at least a livelier crowd.

We've been sailing on NCL for nearly 20 years, from our younger 40's to (now) younger 60's.

Have been on the Star several times. There are most always two "show times" each evening in the main theatre, 7-ish and 9-ish, the same show.

Music, Magic, Comedy, Hypnotists, Acrobats, it varies. NCL gets good ratings for it's entertainment.

At the end of that show, the cruise director always announces that there is music and/or entertainment all around the ship, and announces when/where it will occur.

Normally there is live music in the atrium bar each evening (maybe another bar too), but the Spinnaker Lounge will have either live music or DJ type music and a dance floor that attracts those that want to dance.

We never have an issue finding something to do in the evening on NCL ships, but we're not teenage party animals anymore either.....

I do think that "Maniacal" was just referring to the fact that many of us, who work on a regular basis, take some time when we're cruising to enjoy a little star gazing and extra romance in the evening, since it's a good time to smell the roses and enjoy the fruits of our labor.....

We did the star in July, most of the entertainment finishes around 10.30-11. Sometimes spinnaker had things on later and it turns into a night club. We never went yo the shows so can't comment on whether there was a comedian but the white hot/glow was outside and it was still going at 2am

Sent from my iPad using Forums