First Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:36 PM.
40 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Just booked my 1st cruise and it is a solo. It is a 5 night out of Galveston on 2/27. I booked the lowest rate possible, guaranteed inside room. My last vacation I woke up in the back of my truck with a racoon sitting on my tailgate next to my feet, I can handle a bad cabin.
Minnesota
1,575 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by Streydog
Just booked my 1st cruise and it is a solo. It is a 5 night out of Galveston on 2/27. I booked the lowest rate possible, guaranteed inside room. My last vacation I woke up in the back of my truck with a racoon sitting on my tailgate next to my feet, I can handle a bad cabin.
Streydog, You shouldn't find any racoons aboard ship so you should be good to go. Hope you have a great trip. Happy sailing.
Wilmington Delaware
53 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Just came home last Sunday from my first cruise, one that I took solo. I posted my review this morning, but it has not been approved yet by the cruisecritic.com staff. So, I also posted it in the 'Braving, Pathetic, Lonely solo trips' thread at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1455493&page=9

It's a long review, so please be patient
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thanks for reading.
1,446 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
I enjoyed reading your review- I was considering taking a cruise out of Baltimore perhaps when I could have it coincide with Phils/O's at Camden Yards.

Were there other solo passengers on the ship? (outside of the singles/solos get togethers)

I was considering perhaps this year going on the Norwegian Star to Bermuda if there was a last minute deal, but would like to try Carnival at some point

I like your username - Strey Dog- The documentary I made about my trip is actually called "Stray Dog's Guide To The Rough Seas"
Wilmington Delaware
53 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by HowardK
I enjoyed reading your review- I was considering taking a cruise out of Baltimore perhaps when I could have it coincide with Phils/O's at Camden Yards.

Were there other solo passengers on the ship? (outside of the singles/solos get togethers)
It is hard to tell if someone is solo or just sitting alone, while their cabinmates are somewhere else; that is, unless you ask them directly. And I never spked with anyone that said they were solo. Many asked me, and of course I told them I was solo, and most thought that was interesting and asked me about it. I was happy to discuss it with them, and it often was a conversation starter. I found most wanted to get to know be better after hearing I was cruising-solo
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thanks for reading.