What Brand of Hot Dogs are Served at SeaDogs on the Breeze?

ready2cruzagain

Have not heard much (anything?) about this place. Came across it just a couple of days ago when checking out Carnival.com. I might have to give it a try!

Please tell me they have condiments available like they do at Guy's Burgers (pumps) and not like I discovered at the hot dog place on the Allure recently (packets)!!

LIBERTY (Guy's Burger Joint):

Guy%27s%20Burger%20Condiments-L.jpg

ALLURE (Boardwalk Doghouse):

i-LWwLkT7-L.jpg

Given that Royal shelled out over a BILLION $ for that ship, it seems very CHEAP to have packets there - where I saw some having to use their teeth to open them! :eek:

Tom

Have not heard much (anything?) about this place. Came across it just a couple of days ago when checking out Carnival.com. I might have to give it a try!

Please tell me they have condiments available like they do at Guy's Burgers (pumps) and not like I discovered at the hot dog place on the Allure

Given that Royal shelled out over a BILLION $ for that ship, it seems very CHEAP to have packets there - where I saw some having to use their teeth to open them! :eek:

Tom

Opening with teeth ..... Funny

I once saw a guy opening a beer with his teeth , then I realized they were all opened and had the caps just placed on them

Please tell me they have condiments available like they do at Guy's Burgers (pumps) and not like I discovered at the hot dog place on the Allure recently (packets)!!

Tom

I fell in love with the hot dogs on the Breeze! There is a guy standing at a hot dog stand shaped like a hot dog and you tell him what you want and he puts it on for you. I can't remember all the toppings but there was sauerkraut, grilled onions, relish, etc. I remember the ketchup being in bottles...no packets that I can remember anywhere at the hot dog stand.

Would really love to know what brand they are.:D

I fell in love with the hot dogs on the Breeze! There is a guy standing at a hot dog stand shaped like a hot dog and you tell him what you want and he puts it on for you. I can't remember all the toppings but there was sauerkraut, grilled onions, relish, etc. I remember the ketchup being in bottles...no packets that I can remember anywhere at the hot dog stand.

Would really love to know what brand they are.:D

Nice!

Anyone out there have pictures of this setup?

Tom

ALLURE (Boardwalk Doghouse):

i-LWwLkT7-L.jpg

Tom

You would prefer that the Allure use the same unsanitary system that carnival uses? That's right, this is the same board that doesn't seem to mind that carnival stranded passengers on a disease ridden (e-coli) boat!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what brand of hot dogs are served at SeaDogs on the Breeze? Really loved the taste of them. I do know that they are all beef.

Yeah I wrote down the info while on the US inaugral cruise with you. I'll have to look it up at home though. I'm thinking "National"? But they were all beef; maybe kosher even (spec, here).

Tom, I had some pictures, but they're not up on photobucket. I think I downloaded them to the PC though so may look at moving them over tonight and will post if I do. Setup is basically a typical hotdog vendor cart (missing only Ignatius J Reilly:D) on the sports deck.

You would prefer that the Allure use the same unsanitary system that carnival uses? That's right, this is the same board that doesn't seem to mind that carnival stranded passengers on a disease ridden (e-coli) boat!

Although I wouldn't consider it any more or less unsanitary as using a set of tongs on the buffet, I have to agree that I'd rather have packets than pumps. Not only is the pump system slower, but I like the consistency of mayo, ketchup, etc., out of a packet versus the pump. It seemed runny in the pumps at Guy's.

However, no issues with it going bad, etc.

And really, aren't the Triumph "jokes" getting old yet? I'm kinda sick of seeing them.

Carnival's, in this case, is superior in convenience and cleanliness.

In the short time I was at the Allure condiment station I witnessed, as I said, someone open up a packet with their teeth (think SALIVA), then take that same hand that handled the wet packet and grabbed in to the pile of packets for another...

Tom

Yeah I wrote down the info while on the US inaugral cruise with you. I'll have to look it up at home though. I'm thinking "National"? But they were all beef; maybe kosher even (spec, here).

Tom, I had some pictures, but they're not up on photobucket. I think I downloaded them to the PC though so may look at moving them over tonight and will post if I do. Setup is basically a typical hotdog vendor cart (missing only Ignatius J Reilly:D) on the sports deck.

At one point believe the hot dogs at the grill were Kosher but believed that ended a few years ago.

Funny I will eat guys burgers daily but the idea of a hot dog on a cruise is of no interest to me.icon7.gif

If I were to make a guess I would think the hot dogs are not have the best in the west when it comes to how healthy they are for you but you are on vacation, so go for it.

What I put into my mouth is my business. If I wanted a health-kick vacation I would commit myself to a weight loss clinic for a few days.

Opening with teeth ..... Funny

I once saw a guy opening a beer with his teeth , then I realized they were all opened and had the caps just placed on them

Met a woman on my triumph cruise who could open beer bottles with her teeth. She had a broken crown in the back of her mouth that was just the right shape.... so she didn't get it fixed since it came in handy. Oddly, other than this little quirk, she was quite a classy gal.

Checked my notes tonight. Looks like I didn't write the brand down. all I put down was that it was fat and juicy but had no snap. Kelbasa and sausages at Fat Jimmi's were better, according to my notes.

PB251347.jpg

PB251349.jpg

8a3d8a18-82e8-4d8b-b94c-9f7efc727827.jpg

Tom

That is a really slick set up - serves a ton of people quickly and we NEVER saw it messy! And we were there ALOT.... ;) :D

Ok....I've decided YOU need to check it out and report back - with more photos! ;)

That is another place we never made it to.... :cool:

Perhaps I can talk Cheryl into a friendly game of mini-golf, and grab a bite while we're up there!

Come to think of it, the last time we played mini-golf together was in Cozumel several years ago. That was a nice place, but the woman (American) sold it and it went downhill quickly!

Tom

Perhaps I can talk Cheryl into a friendly game of mini-golf, and grab a bite while we're up there!

Come to think of it, the last time we played mini-golf together was in Cozumel several years ago. That was a nice place, but the woman (American) sold it and it went downhill quickly!

Tom

Sounds like a plan!! ;) :D

Thanks Crew! I looked at the Hebrew Nation hot dogs in the grocery thinking it might be those but they don't look anything a like at all. The Hebrew Nation hot dogs at the grocery were way too pink and artificial looking. If them then maybe they look different when cooked.

Let me know what you find out.

Archived