Triumph 6319 - does NOT convert to twins! Any others like this? Anyone stay in it?

cruzzza

I had a friend who sailed on the Triumph in a (supposedly) standard 8B balcony. She had requested two twin beds. When she arrived, the bed was made up as a king. She said that the way the sofa was against the bed, there was no room to separate them, but she made the request to the cabin steward anyway. She ended up going to guest services and they told her that it was not able to be converted to twins and she would have to sleep in the same bed as her travel companion (NOT what she wanted). They refused to move her to another room (maybe the ship was full but this wasn't a busy time of year). She ended up escalating this to Carnival on land and even though she was dissatisfied, nothing was ever done. All she wanted was what she paid for, and I personally wouldn't have let it go, but she did.

OK, so now I'm looking at helping another friend book the Triumph and I'm worried the same situation will arise. They do not want to sleep in the same bed and I need to find them a room where I won't have this issue. When looking at the deck plan and searching online, every single thing says that this room can be converted to twins.

So, why not just book another room? Yes, of course we will - but my concern is that there are others out there like this one. Has anyone else ever had this situation before? My friend said it certainly appeared that it would be impossible to separate them due to not having space to pull them apart. It looks just like a normal cabin on the deck plan. Can anyone help me figure this out? Why would this room be any different from others nearby and why would it say they could be separated if they couldn't? I would say they were just being lazy, but this was escalated to the hotel officer onboard and my friend believed them from what the cabin looked like.

Unfortunately, she didn't take pictures. I'm perplexed by this and would love to hear if anyone else has had this cabin.

I don't know the answer, but I have an 8C (I think - rm 7365) with a friend coming up on the Triumph in October, and while we'd survive sharing a bed, I was NOT looking forward to cuddling with her. I hope it's not that room.

(And how come a 7th floor room is an 8C???)

I don't know the answer, but I have an 8C (I think - rm 7365) with a friend coming up on the Triumph in October, and while we'd survive sharing a bed, I was NOT looking forward to cuddling with her. I hope it's not that room.

(And how come a 7th floor room is an 8C???)

Please report back if they refuse to separate the beds.

The reason it's an 8C is because it's a midship balcony. The forward and aft are the 8B's.