Cancel for Any Reason? Or Pre-Existing Conditions for Mental Health?

BahamaMama1214

Does anyone know of a good insurance plan that offers cancel for any reason? A friend has some mental health issues, and cannot travel if they're having a severe episode. In the past, insurance companies have denied them a refund because they couldn't provide enough sufficient evidence of a medical issue. Does anyone know of a plan that could provide the coverage they would need? This is their first cruise and they keep asking us for advice, but I don't know anything about this.

Sorry to hear of this. My wife suffers from mental health issues.

However, no insurance company is going to reimburse anyone for anything without clear and sufficient evidence in accordance with the terms and conditions.

Almost all cruise line recommended insurance comes with a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) rider. Royal offers a 75% future cruise credit which allows you to cancel up to sail away. Princess Platinum provides a 100% future cruise credit if cancelled 48 hrs prior to trip departure.

Almost all others offer the 75% future cruise credit (to include 3rd part policies) but also require the cancellation prior to 48 hrs of trip departure.

For 3rd policy (travelguard, Nationwide, etc.) check out http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

Almost all cruise line recommended insurance comes with a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) rider. Royal offers a 75% future cruise credit which allows you to cancel up to sail away. Princess Platinum provides a 100% future cruise credit if cancelled 48 hrs prior to trip departure.

Almost all others offer the 75% future cruise credit (to include 3rd part policies) but also require the cancellation prior to 48 hrs of trip departure.

For 3rd policy (travelguard, Nationwide, etc.) check out www.tripinsurancestore.com

We almost always use the cruise line's insurance, but I didn't know if there would be anything that fit their needs better. Thanks for the link, I'll have them check it out!