Is

llarsen

We will be cruising on Oceania this coming June and our cruise will be disembarking in Venice on July 4th.

We will be doing an 8 day pre-stay in Lake Como/Florence/Rome, so we would like to get home the same day we disembark in Venice. (Have stayed in Venice on a prior trip:-)

We have these two choices of return flights. We prefer to get home earlier at 4:20pm as we have over an hour drive from LAX.

The ship will be docked in Venice the day before we disembark..overnight.

We are wondering if we walk off early with our bags in hand, will the 9:50am flight be enough time to get to the VCE airport, check-in and through security?

12:45pm AirCanada VCE to LAX arrives LAX at 9:02pm (2hr45min layover in (YYZ)

9:50am Swiss VCE to LAX arrives LAX at 4:20pm (2hr layover in (ZRH)

Thank you!

We will be cruising on Oceania this coming June and our cruise will be disembarking in Venice on July 4th.

We will be doing an 8 day pre-stay in Lake Como/Florence/Rome, so we would like to get home the same day we disembark in Venice. (Have stayed in Venice on a prior trip:-)

We have these two choices of return flights. We prefer to get home earlier at 4:20pm as we have over an hour drive from LAX.

We are wondering if we walk off early with our bags in hand, will the 9:50am flight be enough time to get to the VCE airport, check-in and through security?

Thank you!

Check with O (or your TA if you used one) to see if you could arrange very early disembarkation - like before 0700 - on your second day in Venice. If so, I would pre-arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the pier. It's about a 20 minute drive to the airport and you MIGHT be able to catch that 0950 flight. A lot depends upon how early you need to get to the airport prior to flight. Otherwise see about disembarking, say after dinner, the night you arrive in VCE and stay at an airport hotel. Good luck!

Donna

Thank you!

Sounds very close if it can be done at all. How early does the airlines want you to be there? I would not take the chance on missing the flight.

Since the ship is docking the day before you should be able to disembark at anytime after the port clears the ship. Many passengers have disembarked in the wee hours of the morning. You probably need to take your luggage with you and not put it out at 10 pm like others. I would contact Oceania and let them know you need an early departure and then notify the ship again once you are on board. I would arrange a private transfer to be waiting there for you so you are not dependent on the availability of cabs. The time it takes to the airport depends on traffic but it is usually no more than 30 minutes. You should be at the airport around 2 1/2 before flight times.

Since the ship is docking the day before you should be able to disembark at anytime after the port clears the ship. Many passengers have disembarked in the wee hours of the morning. You probably need to take your luggage with you and not put it out at 10 pm like others. I would contact Oceania and let them know you need an early departure and then notify the ship again once you are on board. I would arrange a private transfer to be waiting there for you so you are not dependent on the availability of cabs. The time it takes to the airport depends on traffic but it is usually no more than 30 minutes. You should be at the airport around 2 1/2 before flight times.
We just did this in September. Got off at 6:45 and had 7:00 cab prearranged (important to arrange in advance). We were at the airport by 7:30. HTH

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

We just did this in September. Got off at 6:45 and had 7:00 cab prearranged (important to arrange in advance). We were at the airport by 7:30. HTH

Replied to wrong post. Disembarked the second day and went directly to Marco Polo with time to spare.

This is good. Especially "You probably need to take your luggage with you and not put it out at 10 pm like others. I would contact Oceania and let them know you need an early departure and then notify the ship again once you are on board."

Had it not been for the very skilled driver (and DW's closed eye bravery) we would have missed a post cruise land tour connection.

Bottom line is: carry your own luggage off the ship. “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley.”

Thanks! We have walked off early in the past with bags in hand to catch an early flight, but it's been a while and I can't even remember the port we were in.

Also noticed my thread topic just says "IS" oops