Cornhole Competition -- warning, photo attached!

Thirsty Cruiser

Looks like a similar game found at tailgating events locally. Ours is called Washers and as it sounds is played with painted washers as oppossed to bags full of corn.

Either way a fun game. And I guess you could bring your own cornhole game on the ship. My washer boards are portable, have hinges and fold small enought to fit in a large suitcase without taking up too much room.

Looks like a similar game found at tailgating events locally. Ours is called Washers and as it sounds is played with painted washers as oppossed to bags full of corn.

Either way a fun game. And I guess you could bring your own cornhole game on the ship. My washer boards are portable, have hinges and fold small enought to fit in a large suitcase without taking up too much room.

We have seen the washer games at several campgrounds, but the first time I saw cornhole was on the Victory in February.

Never heard of it either! Now we have a Californian, Floridian and Mainer who don't know what it is...where is "cornhole" from?

Im originally from Brooklyn New York, the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred

Its a pretty big thing here in Ohio, among rural folks. Some call it Hillbilly Golf

There are thousands of versions and variations on rules for cornhole. The ones posted below are only one way of playing the game.

Cornhole Boards

1. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front).

2. The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'.

3. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side

Cornhole Bags

1. There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color.

2. Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 1 pound of corn inserted into each bag.

Point System

- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.

- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.

- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.

- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.

- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.

- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then a point is given.

1. The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.

2. The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.

3. If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.

Cornhole Fouls

1. A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)

2. A Player goes out of turn.

- The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.

Game Play

1. In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side. In singles play both players will throw from the same board.

2. Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.

3. All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.

4. A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines witch cornhole team has honors in round one.

5. The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.

6. A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.

7. Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.

8. If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.

9. Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.

I saw that game for the first time a couple of weeks ago at my DH's family get together. They had a home made set and were playing. They saw it at a NASCAR race and said it was popular with the infield RV crowd.

It is similiar to horseshoes. The object is of course to throw the corn filled bag into the hole but you get points for making it onto the board. Sorry but that is all that I learned maybe someone else can give more info.

Here are the rules of the game. It is played a lot in the campgrounds here in Tennessee.

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

ACA SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT PLAY even, I wonder if this will end up on ESPN2 ???

Sucks if they have those wavy lines on the floor as that will throw you off abit.

Thanks for the link.

Fred

Im originally from Brooklyn New York, the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred

.....Bunghole!

Didn't want you to be out of the loop!

:)

To clarify, on the ship points scored by opposing teams negated each other, so if I got one in the cornhole and 2 on the board, and my opponent got 2 on the board, it would be 3 points.

Also, whenever a cornhole was scored, everyone in attendance shouted "Corn Hole!!" Kinda added to the excitement:D

Archived