Waiver for NCL carry on beverage policy

momto2js

I am type I diabetic and have been for most of my life. I have a tough time at night with low blood sugars at night. What are the chances I can get a waiver to bring juice or regular soda in a sealed container to treat hypo's at night?

May I suggest a simpler plan. Bring your own empty bottle and fill yourself from buffet and put in cabin fridge. Replace every other day. Most ships have some off flavor sodas only available in cans. Buy one and keep that in cabin. There is usually some type of buffet open 24/7 on the ship, with the scooter your no more than 5 minutes away from the buffet where the desert section always has something.

Edited by jlp20
add info

I am type I diabetic and have been for most of my life. I have a tough time at night with low blood sugars at night. What are the chances I can get a waiver to bring juice or regular soda in a sealed container to treat hypo's at night?

You probably have a couple options. If it is a medical need, get documentation from your doctor and I would suggest notifying the cruise line before sailing that you will bring items with you. However, like someone else suggested, both are available on the ship. Get one of the personal drinking bottles and fill it every day at the buffet or ask your waiter in the dining room to fill it for you. The soda you can purchase on the ship.

I travel with two documents. One prepared by my doctor that list my general needs due to my medical condition. This letter is up-dated every year. The other is a complete list of my prescriptions and medications, plus a check-off list of special clothing and equipment I need. They sure came in handy when I was involved in an accident while on a cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty