Need help with Upgrade

lyannea

I just booked the Epic last week, leaving Nov 4th and was assigned a B3 balcony on deck 14- with a connecting room, and I'm travelling solo.

Being new to NCL and receiving an email about upgrades, is it worth it to upgrade ? Would I know the general location or deck of the cabin that I'm upgrading to ?

I plan to bring earplugs should the noise from the room next to me is unbearable, lol- just wondering about better cabin selections or am I good ?

Thank you !

Lydia

I think you can bid on a certain type of cabin to upgrade to, but you don't get to pick where it is, so if you are particular about your cabin location, it's best to book what/where you want.

Thank you for the info !

I read one review on the specific cabin - it mentioned that someone else in their party had a cabin on deck 8 and they liked theirs better.

I'm used to being midship, so I may get patches, just for the experience of being so high up on a ship

Lydia

Great post thank you, I know when the ship was first introduced some balconies did not have ceilings, they were open air, so be aware of your location.

I have a covered balcony, though not sure what that means. I’m assuming that if it’s windy, I should be okay. So much to learn and excited to explore the NCL brand.

We have had one adjoining cabin in the smoking in cabin days. This was a 19 day cruise so i wasn't going to put up with smoke seeping under door. We always travel with duck tape to tape down loose drawers and other things so we were able to seal the door all around.

Since then and because of noise we don't book adjoining cabins.

We have had one adjoining cabin in the smoking in cabin days. This was a 19 day cruise so i wasn't going to put up with smoke seeping under door. We always travel with duck tape to tape down loose drawers and other things so we were able to seal the door all around.

Since then and because of noise we don't book adjoining cabins.

Thanks for the info. I booked this cruise while on another cruise last week, opted for a guaranteed balcony and was assigned the connecting cabin- it probably wouldn’t have been my choice.

With being solo and having to double the upgrade price, I’m not as excited about this option, though I’ll look at the long thread on upgrades as per dexddd and re-recheck NCL’s email.

Thanks everyone !!