Maya Chan sold out - What now??

DrHfuhruhurr

Somehow I manage to do this every time! Meticulously plan out my entire vacation and then drop the ball by overestimating availability of something I really want to do. :(

So, we will be in Costa Maya on March 15th, and we had planned to spend the day at Maya Chan. Unfortunately, just tried to book reservations, and they are oversold. Really at a loss as to what to do now. We had multiple options we were interested in at our other ports of call, but Maya Chan was our only pick for Costa Maya.

What would you recommend?

Edit: We would love a good snorkeling option, as an alternative.

I had the same problem, but went with Pez Quadro as my second choice. They do have a snorkeling excursion available.

Unfortunately I'm only 3 weeks ahead of you so don't know that a review will be in time to help you much.

Just left Jaime’s

Book it now.

Best day of the cruise by far.

Jaimie and staff we’re perfect and friendly.

Drinks never stopped and the food was amazing.

How good was it?

The group started talking about trying to make sure we had a stop in costa maya For next years cruise, just to get back

To Jaimie’s.

Just left Jaime’s

Book it now.

How good was it?

The group started talking about trying to make sure we had a stop in costa maya For next years cruise, just to get back

To Jaimie’s.

I did a quick search and it looks like its about 12 miles from port. (Trip Advisor Map) How much was the cab ride? I am going to inquire about a June booking since they only take 35 people. Thanks for the recommendation. I am not a big fan of Costa Maya and always have trouble finding something I might like to do.

I did a quick search and it looks like its about 12 miles from port. (Trip Advisor Map) How much was the cab ride? I am going to inquire about a June booking since they only take 35 people. Thanks for the recommendation. I am not a big fan of Costa Maya and always have trouble finding something I might like to do.

Are you talking about Maya Chan?

If you go to their website you will see their pricing and transport is included.

If you are meaning Jaimie’s- it is in the middle of the malecon about 2.5 miles from port.

we did the "trolly" transport, we had 4 kids and they wanted to do it, $3 per person took about 10 minutes,,

take it to the last stop and they will show you the way.

Jaimie has to be one of the friendliest and warmest persons i have ever met, he and he staff were beyond attentive and none of our group wanted to leave.

we paid 47.50 per adult 25.00 per teen and the kids were free.

Out of the 15 people in our group all agreed it was the best day of the cruise.

As a side note-

two of the children in our group are severally sensitive to gluten(celiac) to the point where the parents have a very expensive tester that can measure/detect gluten down to like 10 parts per million.

we had informed Jaimie when we made the booking and just asked if there was anything he could do to accommodate them, he said no problems just inform the server when we arrived

well they we were able to provide some chicken breasts that tested as truley gluten free. the parents were very happy

Is Jamie's all inclusive or pay as you go?

All Inclusive, all you can eat food. they actually said they want us to try everything

$47.50 per adult

~$25.00 teens

Kids are free

booze appeared to all be top shelf

food was great, out favorites were,

ceviche

onion rings

fish tacos

burgers(way better then on the ship)

Are you talking about Maya Chan?

If you go to their website you will see their pricing and transport is included.

If you are meaning Jaimie’s- it is in the middle of the malecon about 2.5 miles from port.

Apology, 12 minutes. I did contact them today and they have a spot for us. Maya Chan was sold out for June already. Putting my deposit down tomorrow. I like that it is closer to the port too.

Apology, 12 minutes. I did contact them today and they have a spot for us. Maya Chan was sold out for June already. Putting my deposit down tomorrow. I like that it is closer to the port too.

Ok, makes more sense! Yes it is quicker to get to.

It is fairly new so do report back and let us know how you enjoy your day. I would be particularly interested to hear if Jaimie manages to keep the vendors at bay now he has a more central location. We would have given it a try on our last visit but didn’t want AI, maybe next time!

• 3 weeks later...

As a side note-

two of the children in our group are severally sensitive to gluten(celiac) to the point where the parents have a very expensive tester that can measure/detect gluten down to like 10 parts per million.

we had informed Jaimie when we made the booking and just asked if there was anything he could do to accommodate them, he said no problems just inform the server when we arrived

well they we were able to provide some chicken breasts that tested as truley gluten free. the parents were very happy

My Girlfriend has Celiac and we're looking for a place to go in Costa Maya. This is very helpful. Thank you for mentioning this!

Since our ship's itinerary was changed from Eastern to Western the week of May 13th of this year, we are now looking for something to do in Costa Maya. We emailed Maya Chan but they said they weren't planning on being open that week b/c there weren't supposed to be any ships in port. Ironically they were planning to take their managers on the Getaway which is the ship we are going to be one. They said if they would be open, they would email us. They haven't gotten back to us at this point so I think they must be planning to remain closed.

So I have a few questions about alternatives. I have read through this thread a bit. I would love to find a place that also had a pool and/or the ability to rent a more private space like a cabana or the like. Anything like that in Costa Maya?

Just left Jaime’s

Book it now.

How good was it?

To Jaimie’s.

Ditto, I would have said the exact same thing about Jaime's. We only looked at cruises with Costa Maya on the itinerary.. we will be visiting Jaime's again in December - there wasn't even a thought of going anywhere else. Maya Chan staff recommended it when they were sold out on our 1st trip.

Ditto, I would have said the exact same thing about Jaime's. We only looked at cruises with Costa Maya on the itinerary.. we will be visiting Jaime's again in December - there wasn't even a thought of going anywhere else. Maya Chan staff recommended it when they were sold out on our 1st trip.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as we did-

my sister was at Jaimies a week or so ago, so jealous

we are now booked for a symphony OTS cruise including Costa Maya for next year, heading to Jaimies of course-

Glad you enjoyed it as much as we did-

my sister was at Jaimies a week or so ago, so jealous

we are now booked for a symphony OTS cruise including Costa Maya for next year, heading to Jaimies of course-

To book Jamie’s do you just email them through their contact page?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk