Deciding between beaches

framboesa

Hello!We ( 4 adults) will be in Cozumel, march 7th, 12pm to 10 pm., 5 ships in Cozumel.

Our ship will be the last one to arrive to Cozumel so I assume that all the beaches will be full.

We are reading the reviews for the last days about all the beaches and we are trying to decide between Mr Sanchos, Nachi and Paradise Beach. We are not big eaters, drinkers or party people.

- We like Mr Sanchos beach but we will be there from 1:30 pm to 5 p.m. : maybe the AI will be useless; can we expect the pay as you go to have free spots around 1:30 pm? We are also afraid that there is too much party.

- We liked Nachi, but don't know if it's worth to pay the fee for only a couple of hours.

- We liked the Paradise Beach price policy (3$ fee+10$ for food) but looking to the beach, the nice water is full of water toys and the side with no water toys is full of rocks.

What are your toughs? Thank you!

5 ships is about average for Cozumel -- lots of cruisers will be heading back by the time you arrive. We prefer PB over the non-AI side of Sanchos - better facilities and a HUGE pool; the water toys don't bother me. If you are not big eaters/drinkers you do not have time to get your money's worth out of Nachi. ;(

You might also check out the Money Bar - no real beach, you enter the water via steps, with good snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, lockers, and good food, drinks and service. Taxi each way will be about $11 -- you'll pay $17 each way to the others - and no admission fee. Lots of chairs, umbrellas, tables, etc. and the lack of a sandy beach keeps the crowds down. I think they do a happy hour at sunset - perfect for your late hours in port. :D

5 ships is about average for Cozumel -- lots of cruisers will be heading back by the time you arrive. We prefer PB over the non-AI side of Sanchos - better facilities and a HUGE pool; the water toys don't bother me. If you are not big eaters/drinkers you do not have time to get your money's worth out of Nachi. ;(

You might also check out the Money Bar - no real beach, you enter the water via steps, with good snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, lockers, and good food, drinks and service. Taxi each way will be about $11 -- you'll pay $17 each way to the others - and no admission fee. Lots of chairs, umbrellas, tables, etc. and the lack of a sandy beach keeps the crowds down. I think they do a happy hour at sunset - perfect for your late hours in port. :D

Thank you for your answer!We saw Money bar but there is no sand and we are looking for a beach with sand (prefer a sand beach than a snorkeling beach) and all the videos posted about Money bar were about party.We will travel with our parents so we are not interested in loud music, water toys, snorkeling, just relax :) We will check PB ... the only down side is that it seems one amusement park and we were looking for a "nice sea view" with clear water :) Thanks again!

PB is a large beach club - you can find chairs, shade and a view away from most of the noise/music/water toys.

It will cost you more in taxi fare - about $25 each way - but there are several suggestions on this board for Playa Palancar, with a nice sandy beach and no water toys. Pay as you go for food & drinks. I have not been there (Yet!), but the reviews sound like a match for your desires.

I would second the suggestion of Palancar for what you are looking for although as John says taxi will be more as it is further from the port and I think you have to pay for loungers - we have only ever taken tables and chairs at no charge. Otherwise PAYG.

Thank you both! I was reading that since December the Palancar Beach lost lots of sand (erosed) and is half the beach that used to be :( . I can't find updates here in CC, but I read it in TripAdvisor. Actually, we were there 3 years ago (the first time and unique time that we went to Cozumel) and loved it. Thank you again for all the ideas and help ;)

Thank you both! I was reading that since December the Palancar Beach lost lots of sand (erosed) and is half the beach that used to be :( . I can't find updates here in CC, but I read it in TripAdvisor. Actually, we were there 3 years ago (the first time and unique time that we went to Cozumel) and loved it. Thank you again for all the ideas and help ;)

Thanks for bringing the erosion to my attention. It has been a couple of years since we were there. I do agree with recent reports - I felt even then it was becoming much busier than it had been previously and unfortunately it would seem that trend has continued. Good for business, but disappointing that the atmosphere is changing.