One sight not to miss in Santorini?

Watergal501

We have been to Santorini more than a dozen times, but there is one cruise that stands out because of the amazing sunset. But it was not the normal sunset which is viewed from land. We were on the original Star Princess (must be over 25 years ago). We had returned to the ship in late afternoon and decided to sit in the hot tub which was on one of the top decks. While we were in that hot tub the sun was setting and reflecting off the cliffs below Oia and along the island. The colors were constantly changing and the views as that golden light hit the side of the hills/cliffs was stunning.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This will be our first time in Santoríni. If there was one sight we should not miss, what would it be for two adults with no restrictions?

If you are interested in history and archaeological sites, I would definitely recommend a visit (preferably guided) to Acrotiri. The children found it very interesting and we were discussing later about the similarities between Acrotiri and Pompei.

If you are interested in history and archaeological sites, I would definitely recommend a visit (preferably guided) to Acrotiri. The children found it very interesting and we were discussing later about the similarities between Acrotiri and Pompei.

We too enjoyed Acrotiri very much. We were on a tour and our guide made it very interesting pointing out things and explaining what we were observing.

But I think a visit to Oia and having a lovely peaceful lunch of traditional Greek cuisine is one of my favorite things I’ve done in all my travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums