Argostoli, kefalonia ideas please

TSUmom

There is very little about this port, especially recently.

We would like to see the cave and lake Melisani plus the highlights of the area. Does anyone have any recent experience with tours or is it possible to DIY?

Any thoughts, ideas or input is appreciated.

We visited Argostoli this last summer and ended up taking a ships tour. It was excellent. It took us to a monastery (with a very interesting history), through the heart of the island to Lake Melissani, along the coast back to port. This was the only ships tour we took on our cruise, and because it was a 'tour' we probably learned the most because of the superb guide. The coach was comfortable and cool. Well worth our $$. Hope this helps.

We visited Argostoli this last summer and ended up taking a ships tour. It was excellent. It took us to a monastery (with a very interesting history), through the heart of the island to Lake Melissani, along the coast back to port. This was the only ships tour we took on our cruise, and because it was a 'tour' we probably learned the most because of the superb guide. The coach was comfortable and cool. Well worth our $$. Hope this helps.

Thank you - I am leaning toward a ship excursion mainly because there does not seem to be much info plus I have excursion credits.

• 1 month later...

Here is a youtube from our day there....GREECE - KEFALONIA, Ionian Islands -MAY 2016 -

We took a small tour and had a fun day. Hope this helps in your planning.

You can also check out my channel with over 60 ports in Greece, Italy, France, Asia and South Pacific...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHiRFnslgYtHoKI4zEN8zbA

Have a great cruise and I hope my videos help you. Please subscribe if they are of help.

Here is a youtube from our day there....GREECE - KEFALONIA, Ionian Islands -MAY 2016 -

We took a small tour and had a fun day. Hope this helps in your planning.

You can also check out my channel with over 60 ports in Greece, Italy, France, Asia and South Pacific...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHiRFnslgYtHoKI4zEN8zbA

Have a great cruise and I hope my videos help you. Please subscribe if they are of help.

May I ask who you booked your tour with? A private tour or ship tour? Thank you and I will be looking at your youtube video as soon as my supervisors leaves....;p

It was a private tour with Constantinos Aravantinos ...

Caesars limousine

The magic carpet transport...

E mail: caesarslimousine@gmail.com

Tel-sms: +30 6947 846 736Fax: +30 2671 042 464

www.kefalonia-taxi.gr

Constantinos was good to work with but our driver, a very good driver, did not speak fluent English. Company was

highly rated on TripAdvisor when we checked. We saw a lot on our tour and wish we had more time there. Have a great cruise.

Hope this video is of help to you. For other Mediterranean ports, as well as South Pacific and SE Asia, you can check out my CHANNEL at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHiRFnslgYtHoKI4zEN8zbA

I now have over 60 videos and adding slowly port by port.

May I ask who you booked your tour with? A private tour or ship tour? Thank you and I will be looking at your youtube video as soon as my supervisors leaves....;p