Is there no "Elite" (etc) lounge on Edge?

Quo Vadis?

To answer Wonderman's Zenith question:

From the Edge FAQs:

81. WILL ZENITH MEMBERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE RETREAT LOUNGE?

• Zenith members will have access to The Retreat Lounge (which replaces Michaels Club as the new suite lounge)

• Access to The Retreat Sundeck and Luminae @ The Retreat will be exclusive to suite guests

To answer Wonderman's Zenith question:

From the Edge FAQs:

81. WILL ZENITH MEMBERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE RETREAT LOUNGE?

• Zenith members will have access to The Retreat Lounge (which replaces Michaels Club as the new suite lounge)

• Access to The Retreat Sundeck and Luminae @ The Retreat will be exclusive to suite guests

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

I should have added that, with the Celebrity Revolution, Michael's Club will be rebranded as The Retreat Lounge on all M & S Class ships, according to the releases (maybe will happen as each ship is refurbished, since they will have the matching Retreat Sundeck after the refurb).

Now you’re presuming there will be an Elite cocktail hour :evilsmile: :p.

Yes my bad! But the Captain's Club benefits are fleet wide and ship independent. So I would be almost certain that Edge will have one somewhere on ship or use drink vouchers or both.

I should have added that, with the Celebrity Revolution, Michael's Club will be rebranded as The Retreat Lounge on all M & S Class ships, according to the releases (maybe will happen as each ship is refurbished, since they will have the matching Retreat Sundeck after the refurb).

Yup. That part I had read before. What I’m curious about is if they will move Michael’s to wherever they are building the new Retreat sundeck, and if they will move Luminae too. It would make sense to move all of those to the front of the ship and remove the Sky Lounge and kids areas in order to be consistent with Edge. Doing that could open up both the current Michael’s and Luminae spaces for new dining venues for all passengers. Maybe Michael’s could become the new French Bistro and it would be right next to Murano which would be a perfect match.

Yup. That part I had read before. What I’m curious about is if they will move Michael’s to wherever they are building the new Retreat sundeck, and if they will move Luminae too. It would make sense to move all of those to the front of the ship and remove the Sky Lounge and kids areas in order to be consistent with Edge. Doing that could open up both the current Michael’s and Luminae spaces for new dining venues for all passengers. Maybe Michael’s could become the new French Bistro and it would be right next to Murano which would be a perfect match.

I can’t see them moving dining locations forward because all the kitchens are at the back of the ship.

Phil

I can’t see them moving dining locations forward because all the kitchens are at the back of the ship.

Phil

They would have to give Luminae its own kitchen just as it would have on Edge; it is at the front of the ship there not near any other restaurants.

They would have to give Luminae its own kitchen just as it would have on Edge; it is at the front of the ship there not near any other restaurants.

I don’t see them using up space to build another kitchen. Edge is different. It’s all designed in.

Phil

I don’t see them using up space to build another kitchen. Edge is different. It’s all designed in.

Phil

One of the barriers for Luminae at present (according to the staff I have spoken to) is that they have to cross through the main dining room to get into the kitchen. Even though they have their own section there it is cumbersome. Having their own space with their own kitchen would resolve it. And if they have the space to do that I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Looking at the space where the Sky Lounge and conference rooms are compared to the size of the current Luminae they could definitely move it there with a kitchen which wouldn’t have to be that large since it would only serve Luminae and potential food service to the Retreat Lounge/Sundeck.

Yes my bad! But the Captain's Club benefits are fleet wide and ship independent. So I would be almost certain that Edge will have one somewhere on ship or use drink vouchers or both.

May be vouchers if WonderMan is correct in his thinking that the Sky Lounge could be converted to Luminae and The Retreat etc. Oops, more speculation :D.

Edited by villauk

One of the barriers for Luminae at present (according to the staff I have spoken to) is that they have to cross through the main dining room to get into the kitchen. Even though they have their own section there it is cumbersome. Having their own space with their own kitchen would resolve it. And if they have the space to do that I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Looking at the space where the Sky Lounge and conference rooms are compared to the size of the current Luminae they could definitely move it there with a kitchen which wouldn’t have to be that large since it would only serve Luminae and potential food service to the Retreat Lounge/Sundeck.

With further new suites being added to the M and S class ships in the ‘Revolution’, will there be sufficient room in the current Luminae to accommodate more pax? I have no idea as I’ve never frequented the restaurant, but I did wonder if the current locations would suffice? Perhaps you are correct about the Sky Lounge?

With further new suites being added to the M and S class ships in the ‘Revolution’, will there be sufficient room in the current Luminae to accommodate more pax? I have no idea as I’ve never frequented the restaurant, but I did wonder if the current locations would suffice? Perhaps you are correct about the Sky Lounge?

They are moving some things around and refurbishing. But not sure about how many more suites will be added or if that has been announced yet. Luminae is more crowded on Reflection as it does have more suites. On the other hand premium suites get free specialty dining in addition to Luminae.

They are moving some things around and refurbishing. But not sure about how many more suites will be added or if that has been announced yet. Luminae is more crowded on Reflection as it does have more suites. On the other hand premium suites get free specialty dining in addition to Luminae.

Well X did announce more suites but not which type. I suppose that as sky suites require less room than the premium suites, there’s more opportunity of incorporating more of those into the M & S class ship designs :confused:? I can still see them turning the corner FVs into suites on M class ships.

Well X did announce more suites but not which type. I suppose that as sky suites require less room than the premium suites, there’s more opportunity of incorporating more of those into the M & S class ship designs :confused:? I can still see them turning the corner FVs into suites on M class ships.

I don’t remember hearing about more suites being added to the ships during the Revolution updates. If they did though then I would guess that they would model after Reflection and add some Signature suites at the front. They could then take out the rest of the Sky Lounge for Luminae and Retreat Lounge. It could go any number of ways. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. We’ll see M class results after the 1st quarter of next year with Summit and Millennium, but I’m guessing we won’t see any S class updates until 2021.

I don’t remember hearing about more suites being added to the ships during the Revolution updates. If they did though then I would guess that they would model after Reflection and add some Signature suites at the front. They could then take out the rest of the Sky Lounge for Luminae and Retreat Lounge. It could go any number of ways. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. We’ll see M class results after the 1st quarter of next year with Summit and Millennium, but I’m guessing we won’t see any S class updates until 2021.

As per the flyer: Accommodation - adding of both staterooms and suites

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

Equinox is due to be completed 5/25/19. Will be interesting to see one year from now!

It somewhat surprises me that there are plans to change M Class and S Class ships based on Edge model before they even see how Edge is received by cruisers.

I agree, with the M class they waited a couple of years. Possibility that some of the features of Edge could flop but I think this is just keeping up with the Jones's regarding the suites. That appears all that the brass at Celebrity care about. Wondering if the sky lounges are going to be eliminated.

Equinox is due to be completed 5/25/19. Will be interesting to see one year from now!

I just saw that in that flyer posted above. I thought they would do all the M class ships first but this is better that we will see how an S class ship will play out with the changes by next year; good news.

I agree, with the M class they waited a couple of years. Possibility that some of the features of Edge could flop but I think this is just keeping up with the Jones's regarding the suites. That appears all that the brass at Celebrity care about. Wondering if the sky lounges are going to be eliminated.

The announced refurbishments are also for non-suite cabins and many public areas of the ships as well.

I also wonder if some of the present cabin numbers will be changed or the location of booked staterooms will not be as the current deck plans, especially if more cabins and suites are to be added to M and S class ships? There has already been reports that some staterooms have changed categories e.g. current 1Bs are now 1A cabins on future sailings. Royal also did this when they refurbished Oasis a few years ago.