Bitter and Blanc

fozzy1975

That is ashame Bitter and Blanc isn't available on shorter cruises. That and the chateaubriand are the two things I miss most from the old menu.

We had the chateaubriand on the Legend in April.

We had the chateaubriand on the Legend in April.

Cool. Was it the American Table Menu or the older menu?

I would love to go on the Legend also. I like the layout of the Spirit Class. The Enchanted Forest definitly seems like a cool area.

Cool. Was it the American Table Menu or the older menu? I would love to go on the Legend also. I like the layout of the Spirit Class. The Enchanted Forest definitly seems like a cool area.

It was the older menu. I liked the layout of the ship, too, but it was beginning to show signs of needing to be updated.

We were on the Legend in April and had Bitter and Blanc. I did see some new desserts, but mostly the same things we've had before. This was an 11 day cruise may be why we saw some new things.

The Legend still has the old menus, which is why it has bitter and blanc. The OP is referring to the new menus, which previously only had it on sailings of 8 days or more. It appears that they might have brought it back for 6 and 7 day sailings (on ships with the new menus).

i heard Bitter and Blanc is now back on the 6 night cruises and that some of the desserts have changed. Does anyone know if that is correct or not?

Just off the Breeze 7-day. Didn't see Bitter and Blanc, but tried the banana bread pudding which was really good!

I personally dont like it, but it is a bread pudding with dark chocolate in the bottom. They bring a white chocolate sauce that they pour over it, and as you eat you meet in the middle with white and dark chocolate mixing...

My wife loves this dish, and I felt I should warn folks who get it on American Tables ( longer sailings ) it is not the same dish as it used to be. She was disappointed because it had a bunch of nugget in it, not the right chocolates...

She did ask for the original recipe, and they made her some on the last day. The whole table enjoyed them (except me, I just stuck to a cheese plate)