1st time Platinum Cruiser - Boarding Time - Long Beach

QTPieRye

Just printed my boarding passes and noticed that they state "Arrival Appointment 12:30 to 1:00 p.m." , which is the time I selected on my cruise manager online checkin.

This is my 1st cruise as a Platinum cruiser and it was my understanding that I would check-in at the Captain's Lounge in Long Beach prior to the 1st embarkation group?

Anyone familiar with Priority embarkation in Long Beach?

Check in starts at 9:30, boards by starts around 11:30.

As Platinum you can ignore any chosen check in time. We (Diamond, almost all out of Long Beach) usually arrive around 11:30-1 and are onboard within 30 minutes.

Your passes and tags should say Priority

SadieN Nailed it. We cruise out of Long Beach all the time and as a Platinum cruiser you have to select a boarding time but you will go aboard as soon as Diamonds have boarded no matter the time.

Enjoy.

Thank you for the clarification. I was confused because they both say PRIORITY, but then showed an assigned time.

One other question you might be able to answer.... my sister has priority by default because she is booked into my cabin; however, her two childen, 16 and 13 are a booked in the cabin next to us. Our bookings are linked. What is the best way to handle?

All go together to the Captain's Lounge. At worst, you'll have to go into the regular lines to get their cards. It's confusing because they're minors.

Early check in starts at 9:30. This port still isn't too strict about staggered Check in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a little bit of advice...Long Beach is one of the worst ports when it comes to communicating boarding of VIP's. If you are waiting in the Captains lounge and expect to be called when they start boarding you will end up getting on after they have already started general boarding, they do not make announcements in the Captains Lounge. My advice to you is this...when you arrive, check in at the VIP check in, get your S&S, then make your way over near where the VIP boarding is and wait to be called there. They really don't board in order of Diamond, platinum, FTTF, they just start letting all VIP on at once. Another option, which I tend to prefer is to just get there close to the time they are starting boarding, then you will be able to just walk on with no wait. Once you are in the dome, it's a simple walk to the gangway...for everyone else, the wait is just getting started...lol. Have a great trip!

Just a little bit of advice...Long Beach is one of the worst ports when it comes to communicating boarding of VIP's. If you are waiting in the Captains lounge and expect to be called when they start boarding you will end up getting on after they have already started general boarding, they do not make announcements in the Captains Lounge.........

They do not want pax waiting in the Captains Lounge. It's too puny to accommodate both checked in and those waiting to check in. They encourage you to wait outside, to the right.

We avoid this altogether, arriving around 11:30. Dome doors are open by then. Simply a matter of checking in and straight thru to the ship.

They do not want pax waiting in the Captains Lounge. It's too puny to accommodate both checked in and those waiting to check in. They encourage you to wait outside, to the right.

We avoid this altogether, arriving around 11:30. Dome doors are open by then. Simply a matter of checking in and straight thru to the ship.

Thank you! That's my plan. Just check in around 12:30 and walk in the dome. I do recall seeing people walking into the dome to the left side and bypassing the line of people having their passports and boarding passes checked.