Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

HAL balcony smoking ban starts in Jan for most of their ships.

Thanks for that news! I just checked on the HAL board, and see this was just announced a couple of days ago. (I'm surprised not to have seen it elsewhere, as this is pretty major.) Wow, opens up a whole new cruise line for us, one that, as I said above, has some pretty nice itineraries.

Thank you!

Here's HAL's announcement if anyone is interested:

http://f.e.hollandamerica.com/i/41/1010169812/Smoking_Policy.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully it will come alive....:p

Any Carnival Vista 12/31 cruisers?

We're sailing Vista but a month before you. We're on its first sailing out of Miami, November 27 to December 3.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We're sailing Vista but a month before you. We're on its first sailing out of Miami, November 27 to December 3.

It would've been great to meet you. Please come back and tell me how it was.

It would've been great to meet you. Please come back and tell me how it was.

If I forget just post any questions you have about the ship here and I'll get an email alert. I'll come back to answer.

• 9 months later...

Hello Ladies!

This thread hasn't seen any action in a very long time. I hope that means you're all busy cruising! My wife and I will be on the Carnival Sunshine out of Port Carnival on 12/09. We also just committed to a family cruise (my side of the family) on the Vista for July 2018.

Maybe I will see some of you on either of these two cruises.

Hello! glad to see this thread active again! We haven't been on a cruise since November 2014 so have booked a 10 day with Costa Cruise lines out of Fort Lauderdale on January 13th 2018! We are VERY excited!!!!

That sounds amazing! I've seen a few YouTube video for this cruise line and it's looks very European and Fabulous! Have fun.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I prefer the general cruise lines and have met some terrific couples, mostly men on the last few cruises we have taken. We always go to FOD hoping to meet women. We are taking our Honeymoon cruise on the Grand Princess from San Fran to and around Hawaii on Dec. 18, 2017. Any new friends we can make.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We are longtime cruisers. Never been on an Olivia. We talk about it occasionally but since we go for the total relaxation it's more relaxing just to drive to Galveston than fly anywhere. It's maybe an hour drive so from home to being on the ship is two hours more or less.

Taking first Carnival this Monday 11/27 on the Valor. We usually go with RCI but this was late decision and there weren't balconies available on RCI. Plus we needed to be at home both Sundays so the midweek was all that worked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi--Kathy and Susan here, couple for 34 years and married three. Just finished our first RCL cruise of Southern Caribbean and leaving on Feb. 16 on Norwegian Panama Canal cruise Miami to Los Angeles. We love the freestyle dining on NCL. Anyone else scheduled on this cruise? Looking forward to more warm weather as we are having unusually cold weather here in Western North Carolina.

Nice to "meet" you! We live in western North Carolina about an hour from Asheville, out in the country. Our only child is now a wonderful 37 year old. I would like to take her on a cruise one of these days if she can get the time. We are going to Guatemala in May when her semester ends. I have a family I am very close to there, so they are pretty much her only siblings! Meanwhile Susan and I are cruising through the Panama Canal Miami to Los Angeles starting Feb. 16. Everyone we talk to loves that trip. We recently returned from a month long trip to Thailand, not with a group but just with a friend who had been there before. It was really neat! We have done a number of Norwegian cruises, both the Caribbean and Mediterranean, as well as transatlantic. Our first cruise was to Alaska with Holland. We also did a Norway cruise out of England a year ago last October and November--woke up to the horrible election results. I think we were the only US citizens on board. Everyone felt really sorry for us. It was fun being among a bunch of folks from the UK. They put us at a table with a bunch of supposedly singles--we were all misfits and had the greatest time. I am going to go to India with one of the people we met on that cruise. Her parents have a house there and have invited us to join them when they visit it! My brother and I took care of our Mom until she died in June of 2016. Susan and I have been doing tons of travel since then! We are hoping to do a road trip next fall to Utah in a van we are retrofitting.

That's a lot about us. More about you? Do your kids like to cruise? Where do you live? what do you do? Obviously we are retired.

Kathy (and Susan)

Hi--Kathy and Susan here, couple for 34 years and married three. Just finished our first RCL cruise of Southern Caribbean and leaving on Feb. 16 on Norwegian Panama Canal cruise Miami to Los Angeles. We love the freestyle dining on NCL. Anyone else scheduled on this cruise? Looking forward to more warm weather as we are having unusually cold weather here in Western North Carolina.

Hi Kathy and Susan,

My wife and I did a full transit of the Canal exactly a year ago with NCL, also Miami to LA (on the Jewel). We had a fabulous time, and I hope and expect you will as well.

In case it's of any help or interest to you, here's the link to my detailed review of our trip, with info on the ports, etc. (apologies that you can no longer see most of the pictures, but that's the fault of some greedy changes made last summer by Photobucket that affected so many of us who were using it):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

Speaking of RCI, we'll be embarking next month on Anthem of the Seas, our second cruise aboard her. (We were on her inaugural transatlantic two years ago.) We generally aren't mega-ship cruisers, but we really needed a break right now and Anthem is a stunningly beautiful ship and the schedule worked well for us.

Have a great cruise!

Judith

Nice to "meet" you! We live in western North Carolina about an hour from Asheville, out in the country. Our only child is now a wonderful 37 year old. I would like to take her on a cruise one of these days if she can get the time. We are going to Guatemala in May when her semester ends. I have a family I am very close to there, so they are pretty much her only siblings! Meanwhile Susan and I are cruising through the Panama Canal Miami to Los Angeles starting Feb. 16. Everyone we talk to loves that trip. We recently returned from a month long trip to Thailand, not with a group but just with a friend who had been there before. It was really neat! We have done a number of Norwegian cruises, both the Caribbean and Mediterranean, as well as transatlantic. Our first cruise was to Alaska with Holland. We also did a Norway cruise out of England a year ago last October and November--woke up to the horrible election results. I think we were the only US citizens on board. Everyone felt really sorry for us. It was fun being among a bunch of folks from the UK. They put us at a table with a bunch of supposedly singles--we were all misfits and had the greatest time. I am going to go to India with one of the people we met on that cruise. Her parents have a house there and have invited us to join them when they visit it! My brother and I took care of our Mom until she died in June of 2016. Susan and I have been doing tons of travel since then! We are hoping to do a road trip next fall to Utah in a van we are retrofitting.

That's a lot about us. More about you? Do your kids like to cruise? Where do you live? what do you do? Obviously we are retired.

Kathy (and Susan)

Well as funny as it may be, we live in Kings Mtn NC, about an hour and a half from Asheville. Our kids do love to cruise and we do it when ever we can. I am a nurse at Caromont in Gastonia and Traci stays home but owns a bakery out of our home. Check out her FB site Cake Treasures by Us! I only wish I could travel as much as you and Susan do!

We live out in the country and have 8 1/2 acres of cleared land. The kids love to ride their 4 wheelers and the dogs love to be able to run!!

Maybe we can get together if we are close sometime?

Kathy

Hi Girls!

I just found out about CC late last year. My girlfriend and I booked our very first cruise for Mar 4 with the Royal Caribbean. It's to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary and it's late but I will finally pop the question during our cruise. Any tips or tricks of the trade that we should know before we go?

Welcome aboard Cruise Critic and congratulations on your Anniversary and upcoming Proposal!!! I haven't been on RCCL in years but I have talked to folks who love them so you should have a great time! I suggest following the RCCL Forum and utilize the search tool for specific topics of interest or post a question yourself! I do a lot of research (I love it) before any vacation and have learned a lot from fellow cruisers. We just returned from a 10 day Costa Deliziosa cruise and had a blast. The 21st of January was our 11 yr wedding anniversary!! There are no bad days cruising so even if service is lacking in some areas, you can still make it an amazing adventure!!!! There are lots of opportunities for romance. Sunsets alone can be fantastic. We always book a balcony cabin and this time we got a Aft Mini Suite! We loved it! If you are not sure if you will experience sea-sickness, I would go with a mid-ship, lower floor balcony. Ships these days have "stabilizers" which reduce ship movement but there will still be some movement. We've had seasickness once on a really stormy sea but otherwise most of us never experience it at all! Rocking of the boat is part of the fun and you will sleep like babies! Also, check RCCL website for things you can add to your experience and book them in advance... Flowers, Champagne, or specialty restaurant (with an upcharge) and probably other things! Most of all, be prepared to make new friends! We made friends with 4 couples on this cruise alone! There wasn't a big LGBTQ presence on our cruise this time. But we knew that would probably be the case beforehand. If you have any questions that I can help you with, feel free to ask! Happy Sailing!!!

Welcome aboard Cruise Critic and congratulations on your Anniversary and upcoming Proposal!!! I haven't been on RCCL in years but I have talked to folks who love them so you should have a great time! I suggest following the RCCL Forum and utilize the search tool for specific topics of interest or post a question yourself! I do a lot of research (I love it) before any vacation and have learned a lot from fellow cruisers. We just returned from a 10 day Costa Deliziosa cruise and had a blast. The 21st of January was our 11 yr wedding anniversary!! There are no bad days cruising so even if service is lacking in some areas, you can still make it an amazing adventure!!!! There are lots of opportunities for romance. Sunsets alone can be fantastic. We always book a balcony cabin and this time we got a Aft Mini Suite! We loved it! If you are not sure if you will experience sea-sickness, I would go with a mid-ship, lower floor balcony. Ships these days have "stabilizers" which reduce ship movement but there will still be some movement. We've had seasickness once on a really stormy sea but otherwise most of us never experience it at all! Rocking of the boat is part of the fun and you will sleep like babies! Also, check RCCL website for things you can add to your experience and book them in advance... Flowers, Champagne, or specialty restaurant (with an upcharge) and probably other things! Most of all, be prepared to make new friends! We made friends with 4 couples on this cruise alone! There wasn't a big LGBTQ presence on our cruise this time. But we knew that would probably be the case beforehand. If you have any questions that I can help you with, feel free to ask! Happy Sailing!!!

Thanks for the guidance and will do, so far a lot of other threads have my questions answered but I really appreciate it!