Surviving the flight to Bangkok from the East Coast of USA

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:00 PM.
Auckland, New Zealand
160 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Good idea, but I would not have chipped in as we live in New Zealand! This interested me as it was Bangkok, a city I know well! we are on a cruise leaving HK finishing Shanghai and have chosen a hotel in the city with their own shuttle to PVG, its 12 hours flying for us, so Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carefree, AZ
617 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
[ Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Cathay Pacific is a member of OneWorld, not Star Alliance. Air New Zealand is Star Alliance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Auckland, New Zealand
160 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by ssawjo
[ Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Cathay Pacific is a member of OneWorld, not Star Alliance. Air New Zealand is Star Alliance.

[/quote]

Strange, they must code share as my Cathay Pacific flight is booked with Air New Zealand and I get points!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carefree, AZ
617 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Strange, they must code share as my Cathay Pacific flight is booked with Air New Zealand and I get points!

They must have some arrangement that I was not aware of. So, that is great for you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Auckland, New Zealand
160 Posts
Joined Oct 2011

They must have some arrangement that I was not aware of. So, that is great for you.

Hi, just found out they are not Alliance partners, you are right, but have a special arrangement to code share from Auckland to Hong Kong only, obviously this is an important route for both of them!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

London
22,751 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by wendy_woo
Hi, just found out they are not Alliance partners, you are right, but have a special arrangement to code share from Auckland to Hong Kong only, obviously this is an important route for both of them!
Airlines don't have to be alliance partners to codeshare. There are very many codeshare agreements between airlines which are in different alliances, so there's nothing unusual at all about this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-
Australian spelling lesson: There is no 'U' in .-

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
UPDATED: Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_