NCL Escape Specialty Dining

BNBR

Hi all. We have a specialty dining package with our room. Covers 3 nights I guess. I wanted to look for opinions on which are the "must try" specialty dining restaurants on the Escape. We aren't interested in Teppanyaki... everything else we are open to. No specific tastes, just generally curious if there are a few venues that are the "must try" places.

A follow up... we are Haven guests. Do we get priority reservations for specialty dining? Do we need to make reservations well ahead of time or can we take a more freestyle approach?

We really liked Bayamo. In our opinion, the best food and service. Also a very nice wine list.

Here is another vote for Bayamo. Had interesting menu, preparation and presentation very nice. Our experience was about a year ago. I'd also recommend to try the Pincho Tapas bar - but just pay ala carte for tasting and sharing a few items - and there is a bonus - both Pincho and Bayamo have a better wine selection than most other venues.

I have no problem with paying a la carte at Food Republic, Pincho and Margaritaville. We planned to do that anyways. We have a $300 OBC that needs to get spent. But I'm thinking these are lunch venues. I'm leaning towards Bayamo, Cagneys, and Le Bistro for our 3 dinner spots.

We tried Le Bistro, Bayamo, and Pincho Tapas (twice, actually.)

Le Bistro was nice- better than our experience on the Jade, marred mostly only by walking through thick clouds of smoke to get there. The lamb was excellent.

Bayamo was the one I thought I'd like most. My entree was absolutely inedibly salty. I sent it back, and received a somewhat less salty dish but also with no sauce... (pork with chimichurri) which frankly was the part I was most excited about. There was a couple near us who seemed really unimpressed (although from what I could gather from the bits of conversation I could hear, the menu may have been more exotic than their taste). I also saw someone dining in shorts and sneakers which I thought was prohibited. I might try Bayamo again... maybe.

We loved Pincho Tapas. We actually ate there once before realizing we could use the package. It was faster (although not rushed) which was nice compared to some other experiences including the Haven Restaurant. I loved the food. It has a more adventurous slant, which was great. Where else can you get anchovies and sherry onboard?!

We are going back on Escape in February. This time, my mom and daughter are with me (rather than husband and kids). We'll go back to Le Bistro, try La Cucina, and Pincho Tapas.

Hi all. We have a specialty dining package with our room. Covers 3 nights I guess. I wanted to look for opinions on which are the "must try" specialty dining restaurants on the Escape. We aren't interested in Teppanyaki... everything else we are open to. No specific tastes, just generally curious if there are a few venues that are the "must try" places.

Reservations are required. If the restaurant is "sold out", the concierge can often over book the restaurant and get a table. But, I have seen times when even the concierge can get you a reservation, or a reservation before 9 pm.

We like Cagneys.

We also used our dining package (with small upcharge) to have lunch at Pinchos Tapas Bar. Kept working our way down the menu enjoying every dish.

Cagney’s and Le Bistro are a must! Also liked the outdoor dining for La Cucina and Cagney’s if the weather is right. Those tables are first come first serve for those with reservations. Look at your itinerary and find the days where you are at pretty ports and have dinner outside so you can look at the beautiful scenery while you eat, that is if the ship still hasn’t left yet. We ate at Cagney’s one night overlooking St. Thomas and it was beautiful!!! These little things make a great dinner wonderful!

Reservations are required. If the restaurant is "sold out", the concierge can often over book the restaurant and get a table. But, I have seen times when even the concierge can get you a reservation, or a reservation before 9 pm.

We like Cagneys.

We also used our dining package (with small upcharge) to have lunch at Pinchos Tapas Bar. Kept working our way down the menu enjoying every dish.

Good to know. We will just reserve ahead of time. Would be nice if they kept some last minute haven slots avail though!

Cagney’s and Le Bistro are a must! Also liked the outdoor dining for La Cucina and Cagney’s if the weather is right. Those tables are first come first serve for those with reservations. Look at your itinerary and find the days where you are at pretty ports and have dinner outside so you can look at the beautiful scenery while you eat, that is if the ship still hasn’t left yet. We ate at Cagney’s one night overlooking St. Thomas and it was beautiful!!! These little things make a great dinner wonderful!

Good info, and good idea! We are doing LeBistro and Cagneys for sure. Then probably Bayamo as I'm a seafood guy. I'm an Italian snob so cruise ship Italian is not terribly appealing.

Good to know. We will just reserve ahead of time. Would be nice if they kept some last minute haven slots avail though!

Haven actually does get first choice as you can book 100 days before cruise. Others at the 90 day mark.

And NCL only prebooks about 30% capacity for Specialty Restaurants.

Cagney's, Le Bistro and Teppanyaki are our favorites, but as others mentioned, we loved Food Republic and the Haven restaurant is excellent. Even if we didn't eat dinner there, we went back for dessert.

Concierge can help you get reservations if you didn't make them.

Have an awesome time, Escape is my favorite so far!

So is the general consensus that we should just make our reservations now for when we think we'll want to go? Can always change with the concierge I guess. I'm just curious how truly necessary it is to reserve ahead of time, or is it easy to just grab a same day reservation?

Just off Escape today. It was the best food I've had on any ship so far. I also vouch for Bayamo, Pincho Tapas, Food Republic (surprisingly dark - I look forward to lunch there next time) and Le Bistro.

Thanks. The dining is part of the reason we made the choice to give NCL a try. They seem to offer a pretty solid package.

Just got off the Escape today also. Went to Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina. All were excellent, and we left over stuffed. The biggest joke on the ship was Margaritaville. $16.95 cover charge and nobody eating at any time, except for the free breakfast. Even then, you couls count on one hand.

Just got off the Escape today also. Went to Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina. All were excellent, and we left over stuffed. The biggest joke on the ship was Margaritaville. $16.95 cover charge and nobody eating at any time, except for the free breakfast. Even then, you couls count on one hand.

Is the Margaritaville cover charge just for dinner? Menus I've seen suggest a reasonably priced a la carte option. This is a place we would definitely consider for lunch and drinks.

Is the Margaritaville cover charge just for dinner? Menus I've seen suggest a reasonably priced a la carte option. This is a place we would definitely consider for lunch and drinks.

It’s not open for dinner. The menus you are seeing are old. It has very recently gone to cover charge on some of the ships.

It’s not open for dinner. The menus you are seeing are old. It has very recently gone to cover charge on some of the ships.

That's really stupid. Kind of like Sabor on RCI. Now it's empty and useless. Was hoping to swing in for some nachos and drinks, but I'm not spending $35 or whatever on nachos...

The times available to pre-book are not too great. Someone said they only allow about 30% prebooking? Does that mean if I swing by the concierge on the first day, I should be able to switch the times to a more desirable time?