Suggestions for Excursions

Muumuu

Look at cruise line excursions and they usually give how far you have to walk etc.. if she doesn't walk much at home, she might want to get or rent rollator or scooter. Quite a few options but you need to list ports. Whale watching, mendenhall glacier all doable. I go with my sister and we do quite a bit. You might want to cross post on disabled board. Good info on Alaska already there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Skagway White Pass Railroad train one way, bus back for a more varied scenic experience, Sitka city bus tour with stops at the Fortress of the Bears (stairs)and the raptor center, Juneau Tracy Arm by small boat if you are there long enough and/ or the Tram on a clear day, Icy Strait whale watching, Ketchikan Bering Sea fisherman’s tour. Ketchikan also has a lumberjack show. You will need to do some more research but these ideas will give you a start. Just watching the scenery and activities from the ship is more interesting if you have some knowledge of Alaska’s tourist industry. You may have significant rain in late August so be prepared.

need suggestions for excursions for an older lady with some mobility issues. Can walk on level paths but not long distances. Would love to see wildlife.

Can she walk up and down inclines? If she can, in Sitka you might look at the Sea Otter Quest. It's a boat, and she would likely to be able to walk down a ramp to board the boat, and back up the ramp post-excursion (from what I remember).