Whats the best excursion you've ever been on?

LetsTango

The best excursions we have taken were the DIY kind. It takes some planning and homework but it's well worth it.

On our Med. cruise (about 13 years ago) we explored Rome (local train from Civitavecchia) Barcelona, Livorno (local bus to Pisa), Naples (local train to Pompeii), Monaco etc. on our own.

Amazing Secret River (Cozumel) was outstanding. Also enjoyed white water rafting in Costa Rica. Lots of good excursions, actually. The western has more "active" options. 4x4 with caves in Aruba was cool and cave tubing in Belize was memorable. Secret River would be my favorite, though.

Uxmal Mayan ruins! The history nerd in me was beyond excited that day! We plan to snorkel with sharks and stingrays in Belize this May and that might take the top spot.

I totally agree with this. We have been to many of the ruins including Chichen Itza when you were allowed to climb them. Uxmal tour guide was phenomenal with the history lesson.

In no particular order... so far :-)

12 meter regatta in St. Martin..I was a winch wench and my hubs was captain!

Uxmal in Progresso.. ‘nuff said!

Cave and off-road tour in Aruba.. had a quintessentially enthusiastic guide..

ARUBA-ARRIBA!

ARRIBA-ARUBA! Him and his crew drove those land rovers over the desert like they stole them!

Off ship tour in Dominica (bumping tours) a waterfall and gorge adventure of sorts.. the gorge, Tito’s gorge, was featured in pirates of the Caribbean .. abosolutely gorgeous!

Honorable mention would be champagne catamaran.. It’s champagne on a sailboat in paradise.. and as much as you could drink!

Snuba In Grand Cayman. Amazing experience!

I enjoyed that, too. Booked it through Carnival, it was a 3-minute walk from the tender pier. Never expected to snuba over a sunken (exploded) shipwreck that close to the pier!

BEST snuba excursion I've done out of 4 on cruises (7 total) was the one at St. Thomas USVI. It was done at Coral World and also included 90 minutes to enjoy Coral World itself (normally $20 admission for adults). Got to feed giant sea turtles, which was a complete bonus, and could have snorkeled at Coki Beach right next to it.

I've also done snuba twice at Grand Turk; great personnel ("Big" John was an awesome guide) and good experiences, especially the second time. A lot depends on who you're paired with for snuba.

Best other excursions for us....

-- Cabana rental at Half Moon Cay...I've had one for both visits and both times were excellent

-- "Secluded villa all-inclusive" at Amber Cove...small group, excellent barbecue, nice multi-bedroom villa at a resort, free open bar with 2/3 top-shelf and 1/3 mid-shelf liquor. We all loved it and the drinks got stronger as the day went on.

-- FTTF. Hey, it's officially an excursion, right? ;)

Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in St. Kitts. It was 6 hours, which was awesome because we had plenty of time for everything and nothing felt rushed. As part of it, they took us to a beach on Nevis that has to be my favorite beach ever.

We’ve had a lot of great excursions, but that one stands out as the one that I would book again immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you book this through Carnival? Or someone else? Thanks!

I cannot think of the name now, but it starts with a C, like Cosco, or something like that in St. Lucia. Oh what a tour they did (the website tells everything), plus feeding us as well. For the money it was more than worth it. I would do it again in a minute, if (Missouri) I lived closer, I would go every year, but the flight is expensive. I fell in love with St. Lucia, and have been there twice. I have done many, many cruises and seen many ports, but this is my favorite!

I cannot think of the name now, but it starts with a C, like Cosco, or something like that in St. Lucia. Oh what a tour they did (the website tells everything), plus feeding us as well. For the money it was more than worth it. I would do it again in a minute, if (Missouri) I lived closer, I would go every year, but the flight is expensive. I fell in love with St. Lucia, and have been there twice. I have done many, many cruises and seen many ports, but this is my favorite!

COSOL tours in St Lucia... they do really great tours!

My top 6... CCL tours

Helicopter and dog sled on a Glacier in Alaska

Private sailboat excursion Puerto Vallarta

St Maarten Americas Cup

Classic convertible tour Havana Cuba

Snorkeling Bonaire

Kayak sea tour Alaska