Star Princess December 16-19, 2017 Moveover Offer Details

croaziera

I was booked on the Star Princess December 16-19, 2017 3 night cruise but it was oversold and they sent an email offering a choice of 4 other cruises and a refund of the fare as refundable OBC. I took their offer and now I will be sailing on the May 9-13, 2018 Emerald Princess 4 night cruise from Los Angeles to Victoria to Vancouver, Canada. On the Star Princess cruise I booked an IF inside guarantee cabin and they gave me on oceanview obstructed cabin on the Emerald. I'm happy with the turn of events, but I have to admit that I'm seriously bummed out that I'm not sailing on Saturday on the Star. Here are the details of the email: Best Regards, ***Special Moveover Offer on Star Princess***

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Dec 16th, 2017 sailing of Star Princess. Move to one of the following cruises this spring between Los Angeles and Vancouver, BC: 3-day Ruby Princess 4/24/18 or 4-day Emerald Princess 5/9/18, Island Princess 4/28/18, Coral Princess 5/5/18 and receive:

*Your cruise fare back as a Refundable OBC

*Free stateroom upgrade pending availability on the new sailing

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $150 per person.

*Princess EZair is protected 100%

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30741

Please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a space available basis. *Travel agencies will receive a $50 bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted.

This is one reason why I continually monitor CC. It would be welcome news to me at some other time.....thanks for posting it as well as the link for the generous offer.

I'm sailing on Saturday as well, but my non-refundable air fare is much more than the $150 so I'm not anxious to switch. I booked this trip to spend time in the Skywalker's Lounge....not available on some of the alternatives.

I suspect that there are some staterooms that are not available due to contractors needing to stay over.

She is just emerging from drydock....that might be the consideration.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

We are sailing on Saturday and did not receive the offer. Probably because we accepted an up-sell to a suite and they were not oversold I guess. Congrats for the offer and accepting it! Enjoy your cruise on the Emerald.

We are sailing on Saturday and did not receive the offer. Probably because we accepted an up-sell to a suite and they were not oversold I guess. Congrats for the offer and accepting it! Enjoy your cruise on the Emerald.

I was traveling solo, in an inside IF guarantee cabin and paid $353. They probably figured I would be the most flexible with my transportation to and from the ship. Have a great time this weekend. Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess the reason you would only be allowed to move over to another LA to Vancouver sailing was to keep the air changes Princess has to arrange and/or reimburse for somewhat equitable for all. But (not to look a gift horse in the mouth) as the only options are four to five months away I would have tried to extract a little more sweetener on the deal (more than one category upgrade, or a little FCC to go along with the OBC) or asked that any short getaway from LA this winter be an option to move to. Call me greedy if you want...

I guess the reason you would only be allowed to move over to another LA to Vancouver sailing was to keep the air changes Princess has to arrange and/or reimburse for somewhat equitable for all. But (not to look a gift horse in the mouth) as the only options are four to five months away I would have tried to extract a little more sweetener on the deal (more than one category upgrade, or a little FCC to go along with the OBC) or asked that any short getaway from LA this winter be an option to move to. Call me greedy if you want...

I won’t call you greedy and you make perfect sense. I have no idea by how many cabins they are oversold and if the offer might have gotten better on a subsequent email, if one was needed. My next cruise is April 16 on the voyager of the seas and then May 9 this Emerald Princess cruise takes place. I seriously doubt I can go until April 16 without a cruise, so a cruise in February would have been nice, however, I’m sure I will book one just to fill the time gap between now and April. Best regards, Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coming up on 72 hours before sailing and still needing more people to accept move overs? Must really need those cabins for contractors as others suspect. If people keep holding out the offers could reach the one once reported on here that IIRC was a full CASH refund plus not one but TWO replacement cruises with generous OBC. I believe they got the offer literally only hours before they were to head to the airport--but that one even I would have accepted.

I didn't bite for the Dec 16th 3 day moveover offer, but really tempted by the Dec 19th one:

***Free Cruise Offer to Hawaii***

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Dec 19th, 2017 sailing of Star Princess. Move to one of the following 15-day Hawaii cruises: *Grand Princess out of San Francisco: 1/22/18, 2/26/18, 3/23/18 or 12/23/18 *Star Princess out of Los Angeles: 2/2/18, 2/17/18, 3/4/18, 3/19/18 *Emerald Princess out of Los Angeles: 12/19/18 and receive:

*Your full cruise fare back as a Refundable Onboard Credit

*Free stateroom upgrade pending availability on the new sailing

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $150 per person.

*Princess EZ Air is protected 100%

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30755

Please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a space available basis. *Travel agencies will receive a $50 bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted.

when i got my move on over offer for my California coastal, they suggested a few replacement cruises, but if those didn't work they would have worked with me, if it was a longer cruise i would just had to pay for the extra days.

sadly, can't move over this time, travelling with family

Excellent offer great deal.

Tony

Someone on the rollcall has friends that are taking it. Wonder how many takers they will get, or if they will sweeten the deal even further! I am curious if they totally overbooked both segments or if they didn't complete drydock work.....

I am booked on a cruise that has been sold out a year before the sail date. I am so hoping to get one of these offers. We're both retired and live near a port so no airfare or hotel bookings in play. I don't much care where we go .... just that we go on a cruise. Plus, I pretty much got it for a song so they won't even need to give me that much OBC. I will be following this cruise closely just after final payment date to see if they are making any offers. Fingers crossed!!