Nothing to do

Bernardo62

Sitting at work, thinking we may try Cheers on our next cruise..... also not really sure what excursions to do in Kitts and Maarten. A little sad we didnt get a spa cabin but will get a pass. Hoping to do Behind the Fun on Vista. Also have to buy a ticket for The Last Jedi.

Perhaps some truth, some negativity to the OP's statement. I do believe that some just put up a posting to advertise that they are cruising (countdowns and single digit dances), have purchased a special cabin (aft, spa, suite), acheived a certain loyalty level (diamond, platinum) or bought special treatment (FTTF).

I've probably been guilty of some of these myself.

Some people complain about the LITTLE stuff....... I guess when you don't work you worry about everything!!

Why asks the same question when Carnival have FAQ.....

What is wrong with you? Btw, you seem to be the one worrying about the little stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps some truth, some negativity to the OP's statement. I do believe that some just put up a posting to advertise that they are cruising (countdowns and single digit dances), have purchased a special cabin (aft, spa, suite), acheived a certain loyalty level (diamond, platinum) or bought special treatment (FTTF).

I've probably been guilty of some of these myself.

So what if they want to brag about their cruise? Arent we all here to celebrate cruising in some way?

Also not even sure what the OP's problem is either. Of course most of us work...how else are we affording to cruise??

So what if they want to brag about their cruise? Arent we all here to celebrate cruising in some way?

Also not even sure what the OP's problem is either. Of course most of us work...how else are we affording to cruise??

Many people are retired and have more time to chat about cruising. :D

Some people complain about the LITTLE stuff....... I guess when you don't work you worry about everything!!

Wow, that was a little rude. Why are you here? This is a message board. People ask questions on message boards. Sometimes those questions have been asked before. That is life on a message board.

Sitting at work, thinking we may try Cheers on our next cruise..... also not really sure what excursions to do in Kitts and Maarten. A little sad we didnt get a spa cabin but will get a pass. Hoping to do Behind the Fun on Vista. Also have to buy a ticket for The Last Jedi.

[emoji23] Stay at home mom here, sitting in the carpool lane (at my son’s school), and literally this post made me laugh out loud! Thoughts like this go through my mind as I️ navigate through my day. Love I️t!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps some people may prefer to have a conversation rather than visit yet another sterile FAQ page. The good news is, it's the internet. Nobody is forcing anybody to read posts on message boards. :rolleyes:

Was there a point to this post?

I work and in fact found out today I got a raise. In celebration I'll pay off my Hawaii cruise. My only complaint is I don't get 10 weeks of vacation per year.

The point is.....

People that don't work..... complain about everything. Feel entitle to think they are the Howell's off of Gillian Island.....

I have been on these boards for about 13 years and I would say rarely does someone come up with a completely new question. I certainly have been one who has asked a lot, especially in the early years. These days I don't ask much because I pretty much know what I need to about most things, but am happy to help out a newbie. We were all there one day.

Today is my day off and I will probably spend some time daydreaming about cruising and visiting the boards. Most of my days are long and I just have a few minutes to take a passing glance at the boards at bedtime.

The boards are most interesting when they are busy, so ask away, anything, and fill us in on your recent voyages and give us all your thoughts and feedback. Cruise critic is a great site and is where my dh and I fell in love with cruising.

Coo-coo. I want to retire and not work and get paid for the privilege.

I taught school for 38 years - didn't exactly get paid the big bucks but I loved teaching. DH worked for the state. :eek: All those years we paid into both Social Security and a Retirement program and a portion of our health insurance. We saved money and lived modestly in order to be able to save and to have some left over to vacation.

It's about time we actually get "paid" from the the funds we contributed to for all those years.:D Retired or not the government automatically deducts a payment for medicare and our retirement checks have a deduction towards supplementary health insurance. It's nice to know a lifetime of working can lead to a secure retirement and thus the time to do things you always put off because of other responsibilities.

Without us retired folks booking cruises in the off seasons when school is IN session - I'd imagine the cruise lines would have trouble maintaining the wide variety of ships, itineraries and home ports they do year around.

The point is.....

People that don't work..... complain about everything. Feel entitle to think they are the Howell's off of Gillian Island.....

Where the heck do you get that from??? I'm retired, I don't complain about "everything" nor do I feel "entitled" and neither do my retired friends. You're complaining about people complaining, how ironic. You are way out in left field.