Just back Millenium 2 week Aisa Imersion Tour

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:22 AM.
Ottawa, Ontario
633 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Ours is coming up in December. We are still planning the last few excursions and our pre and post cruise. The cruises in signature are all upcoming.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
San Juan - RC - Jewel of the Sea - B2B - Feb. 11, 2018
Copenhagen - NCL - Breakaway - September 23, 2018
San Juan - Celebrity - Summit - B2B - Feb. 18, 2019
Toronto Canada
1,329 Posts
Joined May 2010
We have done Asia cruise in Feb and are doing again this year in Dec.
With weather HK is usually 17 to 20 Celsius in Dec. and about 15 to maybe 18 in Feb.
Never had big rain then that is the summer months (caught in typhoon once). Layering is best.
Singapore hot sticky and humid all year round night is less humid but warm.
We have used Thai Tour Guide for three days last trip in Bangkok and will use again, great Enlglish speaking guide safe driver and very clean van. Look on Trip Advisor. In Bali we used Bali Magic our guide we called Moose was amazing he was even going to take us to his house for dinner.
Very well priced for a full day where we wanted, just my husband and I.
Scotland
616 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
We are hoping to do a similar cruise on Millenium next February with 2 days in Bangkok. I see a few people have left the ship and stayed overnight in the city, is this the best thing to do or can you do 2 single day trips from the ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2004 - Sun Princess
January 2005 - Dawn Princess
February 2006 - Oceana
October 2006 - Explorer of the Seas
February 2008 - QM2
January 2010 - Brilliance of the Seas
October 2011 - Emerald Princess
June 2015 - Queen Elizabeth

November 2015 -NCL Escape
February 2017 - NCL Getaway

[COLOR=rgb(0,0,255)]very soon to do NCL Star from Venice[/color]
[COLOR=rgb(0,0,255)][/color]

Los Angeles, CA (Sylmar)
858 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by champagne lover
We are hoping to do a similar cruise on Millenium next February with 2 days in Bangkok. I see a few people have left the ship and stayed overnight in the city, is this the best thing to do or can you do 2 single day trips from the ship?
Bangkok is a long drive in, like 2 hours one way. Most people stay over night in Bangkok as the 4 hour + round trip is pretty hard, staying over night gives you more time to sight see in and around Bangkok. Hotels in Bangkok are not expensive either so staying makes a lot of since.

Happy Planning,
Capt. Ron
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2,204 Posts
Joined May 2000
This is such a great thread and I have enjoyed reading each post as the information has helped us in planning our upcoming Asia cruise. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.
Ottawa, Ontario
633 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by SF
This is such a great thread and I have enjoyed reading each post as the information has helped us in planning our upcoming Asia cruise. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.
Agreed! Ron has been great and we will be testing out many of this recommendations in the next two and a half weeks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
San Juan - RC - Jewel of the Sea - B2B - Feb. 11, 2018
Copenhagen - NCL - Breakaway - September 23, 2018
San Juan - Celebrity - Summit - B2B - Feb. 18, 2019
Western Australia
38 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Capt Ron, we're new to cruising and are doing a Princess cruise stopping both in Cambodia & Vietnam. In your opinion, is it best/cheaper to organise the visas yourself or do it through the ship. I understand as an Australian and travelling by sea, we are not eligible for an on line visa, is this correct? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Los Angeles, CA (Sylmar)
858 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by suenterry
Capt Ron, we're new to cruising and are doing a Princess cruise stopping both in Cambodia & Vietnam. In your opinion, is it best/cheaper to organise the visas yourself or do it through the ship. I understand as an Australian and travelling by sea, we are not eligible for an on line visa, is this correct? Any help would be very much appreciated.

I recommend that you let the ship handle all your Visas needed while cruising. They do it all the time, very simple, they have a system and know exactly what's needed etc. Visa cost charged to your on board account. No stress, no fuss, relax and enjoy. The experts on board take care if everything. Didn't know you could cruise to Cambodia.
Happy planning
Capt Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature