fort lauderdale

caphum

whats the best hotel to spend one night pre cruise? they all seem very expensive. hots, in march...

Please define what you mean by "best".

The most luxurious hotel is likely going to cost more.

We like the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach, but this is not by the beach or considered luxurious.

Other ideas can be found in the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

whats the best hotel to spend one night pre cruise? they all seem very expensive. hots, in march...

I haven't read your replies yet, but I would book now if you can. March should be ok, In Late April/Early May the port has there fleet week and reservations can be hard to get. I've personally stayed at a Roadway Inn near Dania that I thought was good. I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and enjoyed that, and kind of came into this thread to see if anyone has stayed there since they are no longer part of the Hyatt. Last time we did the Embassy suites on 17th and if I was booking today, I would look there first.

Not sure it is the best, but on a few people's recommendation, I booked the quality inn and suites airport/cruise port. Decent rate, free breakfast, free shuttle from airport and free shuttle to the cruise port.

Embassy Suites on 17th is nice. If a pool isn't necessary Holiday Inn Express nearby would fit the bill (we're there soon, flying in late and boarding the next day so we just need a bed). There are no bargains in FLL in March. Things might get a little cheaper further out, but then there are less free shuttles and higher taxi/uber fares.

We stay at Embassy suites or Hampton Inn (Airport North Cruise Port). The

Hampton Inn (Airport North Cruise Port) offers a complementary shuttle from the Airport to the hotel. Close to Publix for wine and for something you forgot. Also walking distance to a few fast food restaurants. As other have mentioned, you should reserve now instead of waiting.

Edited by davekathy

If you are looking to save money, DO NOT book the Days Inn on Broward. While our room was OK despite horrible reviews of the place, there are no restaurants nearby, we waited over an hour for the shuttle from the airport and breakfast was horrible. The shuttles to the cruise were all full so we took a taxi which turned out to be the same cost as the shuttle and much less hassle.

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on St. Route 84 for two nights after our cruise and while not luxurious, was clean and comfortable with two decent restaurants nearby, one right in the hotel. They have a nice courtyard and pool. Their shuttles are very, very well organized.

I LOVE the embassy suites :). Happy hour, awesome breakfast, close to stores, restaurants and walking distance to the scenic bridge where you can watch the cruise ships leave. There is also a secret balcony you can use to watch your ship come in that morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to guess you are looking at March 2018?

If so, booking hotels in Ft Lauderdale need to be done as far as a year out for the best prices and locations. The closer to your cruise the more expensive they become. There are only two hotels that are actually on the beach, and of course these are the highest prices, with others located on Seabreeze Blvd that are across the street, still command high prices as well. The block of hotels on A1A between the cruise port and Federal Highway are a little less expensive, but get sold out quickly. The farther away from the port the less the price, but normally are just courtyards, suites or extended stays that would require a cab ride to the pier. Another suggestion is that if you look at any online brokers, the prices may be less, but you need to pre pay and are stuck with your choice. If you book through the hotel directly, you have up until 3 days or so to cancel, if you do find a cancellation somewhere else to your liking. I would suggest booking ASAP

We stayed at the doubletree GALLERYOne and really enjoyed it. We LOVED the location on the waterway which allowed us an amazing sightseeing afternoon. It’s located on Stop #9 Grocery store across the street. Adjacent to shopping mall, $23 cab ride to port

We stayed in the Renaissance in August. Really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

This is what we liked :

* Near shops and restaurants

* Near Water Taxi stop (for sightseeing HOHO tours)

* Near port entrance (taxi ride is a matter of minutes to terminal)

* Incredibly friendly and helpful staff.

* Pain free check-in / check-out

* Comparing prices when we booked, very reasonable and lower than alternatives in that area.

It isn't the fanciest hotel I have stayed in. One could say limited facilities but I was happy with the accommodation.

BTW they run a shuttle service to the port which you pay for. I found it more convenient to use Uber but you have the option.

We love Ft Lauderdale and consider that day before a part of our cruise. So, we stay at the Bahia Mar. Its a Hilton property. It is pricey, but the location is great. Across the street from the beach, walking distance to the beach bars and restaurants, and has a water taxi stop.