Left item in stateroom

Host CJSKIDS

Does anyone have an email address if you left an item in your stateroom? I realize that I didn't pack a white shirt from the last night that must have been mixed up with the white bedding and forgot it. The cabin steward must have found it while cleaning out the cabin for the next lucky people who checked into the stateroom.

Is there a department to email for lost items?

If no one has the answer, just call Princess and ask for the "lost & found" dept.

The problem you're going to have is the length of time it takes for your lost item to get off the ship (unless your steward found a use for your shirt ;p).

LOL If anyone sees a cabin steward wearing a white linen shirt with ruffles on the bottom, take a picture for me!!!

Maybe try posting on the current cruises' Roll Call and include your cabin number...maybe someone will track it down for you and let you know how much the return postage will be.

Thank you, that's a great idea.

Lostandfound@cunard.com

Lost and Found Department

Princess Cruises/Cunard North America

Telephone: (800) 872-6779 ext. 22019

Fax : (661) 753-0165

No one BUT the actual passenger cab deal with anything on list items.

Takes up to 6 weeks as hey await for a package to the headquarters.

Been waiting on 5 eeeks in my item now

Lostandfound@cunard.com

Lost and Found Department

Princess Cruises/Cunard North America

Telephone: (800) 872-6779 ext. 22019

Fax : (661) 753-0165

No one BUT the actual passenger can deal with anything on lost items.

Takes up to 6 weeks as they await for a package to the headquarters.

Been waiting on 5 weeks my item now

Why Cunard? She sailed on Princess.

It appears that the Lost & Found for BOTH lines has the same point of contact. Interesting!

Cunard's USA operations were relocated to Princess HQ in Santa Clarita almost immediately after Carnival Corp finished acquiring both lines. Been that way for a good 10 years now.

As to the original question, unless the particular item hold great value (monetary and/or sentimental) I would suggest just writing it off. As noted above if found by your steward it will be boxed up with other found items from that sailing and sent to corporate office. Where there will be many weeks' lag before any attempt to identify the correct owner. And it will be shipped postage due.

And suggesting that passengers on the next sailing be asked to keep an eye out for the item: even if message gets through and the item is found the only proper act for the finder to take is to turn it in to lost and found. There have been threads on other Cruise Critic boards (notably the RCI board) encouraging passengers who find lost items to take them home and post on social media where and when they were found. Two problems there: (1) taking an item you do not own home with you is theft; (2) no matter how minuscule the odds Princess is more likely to find the proper owner than Cruise Critic, or Facebook, or any other website.

Unfortunately I have a feeling your shirt is toast.

The stewards have to turn those cabins over so quickly that a white linen shirt on white sheets will simply not be seen as anything but sheets. It will get scooped up in the wad to the linen cart and end up stuffed in the huge washer at the high temp sheets are washed at. Once shrunk to fit a Barbie it will find its way to the folding machine and get folded into a corner of a sheet where it will be found by a steward making a bed next turn around day. And said steward will wonder where Barbie is.

Unfortunately I have a feeling your shirt is toast.

The stewards have to turn those cabins over so quickly that a white linen shirt on white sheets will simply not be seen as anything but sheets. It will get scooped up in the wad to the linen cart and end up stuffed in the huge washer at the high temp sheets are washed at. Once shrunk to fit a Barbie it will find its way to the folding machine and get folded into a corner of a sheet where it will be found by a steward making a bed next turn around day. And said steward will wonder where Barbie is.

I see you've also sent in articles to be washed. :D

Does anyone have an email address if you left an item in your stateroom? I realize that I didn't pack a white shirt from the last night that must have been mixed up with the white bedding and forgot it. The cabin steward must have found it while cleaning out the cabin for the next lucky people who checked into the stateroom.

Is there a department to email for lost items?

You can try the Lost & Found Department but based on our experience, suggest not to keep your hopes too high.

My son left his neck pillow when he self disembark on the Crown last March. We were still on the ship at that time being on a B2B. Called us in an hour after realizing while waiting at the airport gate that he left it.

We immediately went to his cabin. Found the bed already made up. Saw the steward in another cabin doing his chores. He said he found the item and just left it in the bed, and other guests passing by may have taken it. There were just 4 Fwd cabins whose guests will pass by the cabin for disembarkation. With disbelief, we just decided to forget the whole thing.

Our case may just be isolated though.

A few years ago we arrived home after a very long day of travel, to find that we left our keys aboard. NOT a happy end to our vacation, as those keys included dh's office keys and car keys as well as other important ones. I knew exactly where they would be. Unfortunately, when we called, we got a response of “so sorry”. Bright side is that to this s day we scour the room or cable to make sure there isn’t anything left.

Carolyn, I’m still onboard and can try to find your Steward and ask if it was found if you can give me your cabin number. I have to walk through the medallion cabins to get to anywhere on the ship, so even if you were on a different floor it wouldn’t be too far out of the way.

Strangely enough, someone from Princess once called me and asked if I had left anything on the ship, I hadn’t. I forget how long after the cruise the call was. A number of weeks I think.

And just as an FYI, a large number of crew disembarked last Sunday and your steward may no longer be on board.

In 2013 I left my snorkel mask and fins under the bed. I realized it after I got home, I called the lost and found dept and within a week they arrived in the mail. I was not even billed for the postage. I was shocked! The mask and snorkel were expensive so I was very happy to get them back.

Carolyn, I’m still onboard and can try to find your Steward and ask if it was found if you can give me your cabin number. I have to walk through the medallion cabins to get to anywhere on the ship, so even if you were on a different floor it wouldn’t be too far out of the way.

Strangely enough, someone from Princess once called me and asked if I had left anything on the ship, I hadn’t. I forget how long after the cruise the call was. A number of weeks I think.

And just as an FYI, a large number of crew disembarked last Sunday and your steward may no longer be on board.

Thank you for being so kind and offering to find my steward. The shirt was probably swept up with the white bedding and is the size of a handerchief at the moment!

Interesting that so many crew left. 164 crew left the day we got on so I guess there are a lot of changes going on.