New medical issue between booking and final payment...

LDVinNC

I previously reported that I goofed and put in $0 trip cost when purchasing insurance for our upcoming transatlantic round trip with a hotel stay in between. So, that means preexisting conditions are not covered.

The original intention was medical and evacuation coverage only.

Now we have a whole other issue. I now have a medical situation going on that may or may not be resolved before the first final payment is due at the end of May. Depending on results, we may have to forget the whole thing and cancel. If we do make the final payment for the first leg, we would certainly want insurance coverage that covers my (now) pre-existing condition. I know I would need to be travel-worthy on the day we purchase the insurance.

I figure the original policy is worthless - it was only about $100, so not a huge deal. I will have to find a policy that will cover us at final payment time and cover the new situation as pre-existing. Will want primary medical as well if possible.

Not sure what my question is - if we are able to find a new policy will there be any conflict with the existing one? Or, am I kidding myself that we can be covered in this situation at all?

I will call Steve et al, but any advice, suggestions, etc.will be welcomed.Thanks.

I previously reported that I goofed and put in $0 trip cost when purchasing insurance for our upcoming transatlantic round trip with a hotel stay in between. So, that means preexisting conditions are not covered.

The original intention was medical and evacuation coverage only.

Now we have a whole other issue. I now have a medical situation going on that may or may not be resolved before the first final payment is due at the end of May. Depending on results, we may have to forget the whole thing and cancel. If we do make the final payment for the first leg, we would certainly want insurance coverage that covers my (now) pre-existing condition. I know I would need to be travel-worthy on the day we purchase the insurance.

I figure the original policy is worthless - it was only about $100, so not a huge deal. I will have to find a policy that will cover us at final payment time and cover the new situation as pre-existing. Will want primary medical as well if possible.

Not sure what my question is - if we are able to find a new policy will there be any conflict with the existing one? Or, am I kidding myself that we can be covered in this situation at all?

I will call Steve et al, but any advice, suggestions, etc.will be welcomed.Thanks.

Yes, do "Call Steve" :)

(Sometimes seems like it should be "Better Call Steve" or such! :D)

IF I recall correctly, there IS a policy for you, with the pre-existing condition, given you are *before* final payment.

However, it would require that you are currently "fit to travel", and that you don't already know that this condition (or any other) would prevent you from traveling on the insured trip.

We got this other policy once when we missed that 20 day deadline for our regular Travel Insured policies. (We didn't really think we'd go, but wanted to keep the option, and get our preferred suite, etc. Then... we decided to go!)

The important differences I remember were a) somewhat lower policy limits (I think), and b) CFAR was *much* more expensive, and we always want to get CFAR (MIL is almost 100, and if she just "felt unwell", we'd probably want to stay. At that age......)

Assuming the same policy is available, AND you meet the qualifications, you should be able to get a policy.

Good luck.

They do frequently answer the phone or return calls on Sunday (perhaps limited hours).

GC