Port in singapore

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:44 PM.
Ontario - Canada
1,724 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Here is our review on Singapore (where we started our cruise via the Celebrity Millennium). The review includes the transport service we used (for airport pickup to hotel; from hotel to cruise ship terminal, and then for a private shore excursion).

Also, reviews our hotel (The Club) and a few things we did while in port.

Singapore Blog Review -

Heather
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Singapore
6,081 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by hvbaskey
Here is our review on Singapore (where we started our cruise via the Celebrity Millennium). The review includes the transport service we used (for airport pickup to hotel; from hotel to cruise ship terminal, and then for a private shore excursion).

Also, reviews our hotel (The Club) and a few things we did while in port.

Singapore Blog Review -

Heather
Very nice pictures! Thanks for visiting my country. Hope you had a great stay.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Completed cruises
Royal Caribbean - 7 (Monarch, Legend 2X, Brilliance, Voyager 2X, Adventure)
Voyager of the Seas (14N Australia and NZ) Review (149,493 views and counting)
Voyager of the Seas Singapore to Shanghai June 2012 - Review (99,000 views and counting..)
Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 - Review (157,000 views and counting)
Adventure of the Seas Iceland and Norway Cruise June 2014 - Review
(38,000 views and counting..)
Celebrity - 1 (Silhouette) -Celebrity Silhouette Med and Adriatic Seas cruise Nov 2013 - Review (32,477 views and counting...)
Holland America - 1 (Oosterdam)
NCL - 1 (Jade) - NCL Jade Greece and Turkey Cruise Dec 2014 - Review (9,000 views and counting...)
MSC (Yacht Club) - 1 (Preziosa) - Review (38,494 views and counting...)
Serenande of the Seas Baltic Cruise
Review (28,646 views and counting...)

Upcoming cruises
TBC

Come Visit Singapore! Videos of my country in this Cruise Critic Thread.
Feel free to contact me @ [email protected]
Michigan
1,680 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
hv baskey
thanks for the great info on Singapore
we only have one free afternoon/evening in Singapore ( included tour in AM and full day tour the 2nd day through the ship)
would you recommend we hire a guide or just "take it all in" by wandering around by ourselves?
Canada
182 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
If you are planning on bringing a couple of bottles of wine onto your cruise and plan to buy them in Singapore, be prepared for really steep prices. A bottle of Wolf Blass will cost you, $50 USD, a bottle of Woodbridge $40 USD. Really, and this is from a grocery store!!! Remember, you cannot bring liquor onto a cruise ship.
Mississauga, Canada
633 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
"Remember, you cannot bring liquor onto a cruise ship."

Not necessarily true. It all depends which cruise line you are sailing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED
Azamara Journey - Borneo, Vietnam & Thailand - March 2018
Azamara Quest - Italy & Adriatic Voyage - October 2017
Azamara Quest - North Norwegian Fjords & North Cape - August 2016
Azamara Journey - Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Malta & Corsica -October 2014
Viking Tor - Rhine Getaway - June 2014
Viking - Duoro River - June 2013
Southern California by way of Kentucky
21,351 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by deec
hv baskey
thanks for the great info on Singapore
we only have one free afternoon/evening in Singapore ( included tour in AM and full day tour the 2nd day through the ship)
would you recommend we hire a guide or just "take it all in" by wandering around by ourselves?
I would consider just doing the HOHO in Singapore...private tour and certainly one booked via the cruiseline is really not necessary at all here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 2018 Celebrity Eclipse: October 2017 RCI Anthem: March 2017 RCI Harmony: May 2016 RCI Adventure B2B: September 2015 RCI Radiance: March 2015 RCI Mariner: Oct 2014 RCI Jewel: May 2014 RCI Radiance: Oct 2013 RCI Oasis: May 2013 RCI Radiance: Feb 2012 PCL Sapphire: Aug 2011 RCI Liberty: Mar 2011 RCI Liberty: Aug 2010 RCI Jewel: Mar 2010 RCI Independance: May 2009 RCI Radiance: Jan 2009 RCI Independance: Oct 2007 RCI Vision: Oct 2006 RCI Vision: Oct 2005 RCI Vision: Oct 2004 RCI Vision: Aug 1997 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1995 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1994 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1985 Azure: June 1984 Azure:
Atlanta, Ga
594 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by Cheekyrn1
couple of questions regarding our flight arrival into Singapore. We land at midnight and obviously cannot check into ship until afternoon...does anyone have a hotel recommendation near the port? And crazy question but does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the port?
I am in the same situation, I'll be arriving just past midnight. The cruise line rep arrives at the airport for the m & g and transfer to the ship at 9AM. Are there lounges once exiting the secured area ti pick up luggage?
Perth, Australia
1,430 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by JeanRoll
I am in the same situation, I'll be arriving just past midnight. The cruise line rep arrives at the airport for the m & g and transfer to the ship at 9AM. Are there lounges once exiting the secured area ti pick up luggage?
Hi Jean,
I found this topic on Tripadvisor that might help answer your question.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...Singapore.html

On another thread I also read about an lounge accessible outside of immigration but the reviews are hit and miss......mainly a noise issue.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...Singapore.html

I have stayed both at transit hotel in terminal one and it was good to get a good sleep. We were in transit though so we didn't have to worry about our bags going to Lost and Found. We have also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and that was also excellent. Not noisy at all. These do book out so if you decide to do either of those options I would book sooner rather then later.

The other option is to get a cheap hotel overnight. Taxis are cheap though you will get a surcharge for being a late night taxi. A tip with the taxi.....they will also add a surcharge for using a credit card and not all taxi's take them. When you wait in line if you wish to use a CC let the taxi regulator know so he can set you up with a car that will accept it. Not great in the early hours of the morning to get stuck with a taxi that can't accept a card for payment.

There are lots of ATM's in the airport so maybe just get a some Singapore dollars there. Especially if you need to buy food before boarding the ship.

I hope this helps.

Julie
Atlanta, Ga
594 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Thank you Julie, After looking into my options I feel taking the shuttle to a hotel in the direction of the cruise terminal spending the rest of the night. Then, the following day take a taxi to the cruise terminal while canceling the transfer with the cruise line.

I'm looking at the Holiday Inn Express which may give me easy access to China Town the following morning before going to the ship. Is there a better choice for a hotel near China Town?
Perth, Australia
1,430 Posts
Joined May 2009
Sorry Jean I can't help you with hotels there. We usually stay for a while so our criteria for hotels is different. Hopefully someone else can help, or maybe ask for hotel suggestions in a new thread?

Have a wonderful stay and a wonderful cruise.

Julie