On-line check in required?

I've had issues even starting on-line check-in for a few weeks. Do I have to complete this process, print any confirmations, .... or can I just show up at the port with my Passport?

You can just show up with your ID document(s).

I know some people will say yes but it will take time to get you checked in. On the other hand I was always told that checkin was required as the manifest goes to tsa at least 3 days in advance. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows more than I do.

I've had issues even starting on-line check-in for a few weeks. Do I have to complete this process, print any confirmations, .... or can I just show up at the port with my Passport?

Unsure of the answer to your question, but you might try a different browser. Cruise Planner sends me to a broken page when I click for online check-in in Chrome, but I was able to access it when I tried in Edge.

I know some people will say yes but it will take time to get you checked in. On the other hand I was always told that checkin was required as the manifest goes to tsa at least 3 days in advance. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows more than I do.

First I've heard of that. Plus what does TSA have to do with the cruise line?:confused: All you need to check in at the terminal is a passport or ID and BC and method of payment. Agree it will take a few extra minutes without the online check in completed and no Setsail pass(s).

Unsure of the answer to your question, but you might try a different browser. Cruise Planner sends me to a broken page when I click for online check-in in Chrome, but I was able to access it when I tried in Edge.

This helped me! I was getting ready to start a thread about this but looked at open threads first. Thanks for the help!

First I've heard of that. Plus what does TSA have to do with the cruise line?:confused: All you need to check in at the terminal is a passport or ID and BC and method of payment. Agree it will take a few extra minutes without the online check in completed and no Setsail pass(s).

Think they meant Customs, though not sure if it's done before cruise

Think they meant Customs, though not sure if it's done before cruise

The manifest is provided to CBP before the cruise and the line is required to provide it within a certain time of sailing (I have read different time frames) and it is possible that the manifest is provided more than once. CBP uses the manifest to check passengers during the cruise (on closed loop cruises) to verify their information. (And as an aside, CBP charges the cruise line a fee for each passenger and this is part of your "government taxes and fees".)

You can show up with your passport and form of payment, no problem. It may take a little more time. Not everyone has a computer, knows how to use it, etc.

Passenger manifests must be submitted to CPB 1-2 hours before sailing.

This is for boarding in the US...non-US embarkation points may be different.